Post by jessica hill » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi!!
I'm a new user of the open cart platform and I would like to send newsletters.
I wanted to ask if you think it's better to use newsletter extensions existing here or it's better to use a third party platform such as Mailchimp, Benmark etc. If you recommend to use extensions, please advise me on some you found useful.
Thank you in advance,
Jessica

Post by madimar » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:48 pm

jessica hill wrote:Hi!!
I'm a new user of the open cart platform and I would like to send newsletters.
I wanted to ask if you think it's better to use newsletter extensions existing here or it's better to use a third party platform such as Mailchimp, Benmark etc. If you recommend to use extensions, please advise me on some you found useful.
Thank you in advance,
Jessica
Well, it is not an easy question. Actually the greatest advantage using an Opencart extension is to have the possibility to show products with images, links, prices, etc. taken directly from the store.
With Mailchimp this is not possible.

I personally use Newsletter Enhancements and it is quite good.

M

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:28 pm

If you're sending a high volume of newsletter-type e-mails, you probably should go with a third-party sending service. Otherwise it creates a strain on your server. I like MailChimp myself, since they have a free tier up to 2000 subscribers, which is why I created a MailChimp Integration extension for it.
madimar wrote:Actually the greatest advantage using an Opencart extension is to have the possibility to show products with images, links, prices, etc. taken directly from the store.
Actually, my MailChimp Integration Pro does integrate with MailChimp's Ecommerce360, and I believe you can display product information that has been synced within newsletters. They've just released their version 3.0 of their API, so I'm still figuring out all the functions of it, but if you're interested in that it's something you could look into.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by madimar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:55 am

Jonathan, I'm sure Mailchimp and others can offer several advantages, expecially separating mailing service from the e-commerce site as you were suggesting.
Then, sure there are integration possibilities.
On the other side, with a good Opencart extension like Newsletter Enhancements, you can (out of the box) :
1) Direct mail messages on an external mail server (if you have an high load)
2) even if you use your mail server, you can set the number of messages to be sent per period, limiting the impact
3) you can include in the newsletter, products by category, manufacturer, specials, selected ones, in different sections.
4) you can send newsletters to all customers, or per customer group or based on specific marketing lists (you can easily populate even from external data)
5) you don't have limits for messages, recipients, etc.

So, summarizing, imho, if someone needs an out of the box ready solution, an already integrated module is the most suitable solution.

M

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro