Post by lissajhone » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:56 pm

version 1.5.6.4. is very good and easy to use.

Post by mkp007 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:47 am

Business owners like myself look to version 3 to be this latest and greatest cart software to compete with the likes of Shopify and Wix. But by the sound of it, it's primary goal is to not bring awesome features to market but to bring in revenue via extensions. I have posted regarding what cart software I should go with here: viewtopic.php?f=200&t=201889

I would appreciate if you could summarize your suggestion and reason on that post. I value any thoughtful input!

cheers!

Vorticy, Inc.
Opencart 1.5.6.4, MySQL 5.1.73-5, PHP 5.3.3-46, Plesk v12.0.18, OS CentOS 6

Post by Burt65 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 am

mkp007 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:47 am
Business owners like myself look to version 3 to be this latest and greatest cart software to compete with the likes of Shopify and Wix. But by the sound of it, it's primary goal is to not bring awesome features to market but to bring in revenue via extensions. I have posted regarding what cart software I should go with here: viewtopic.php?f=200&t=201889

I would appreciate if you could summarize your suggestion and reason on that post. I value any thoughtful input!

cheers!
I'm a business owner and I haven't looked at version 3, because it is the latest! I did however looked at version 2.+ (the one I'm currently using), only after several months of its release so that everybody working on it (extensions and bug fixes) did managed to catch up.

This topic has been beaten to death, I guess because people are too lazy to search the forum (as it could take a couple of minutes), but I can tell you that there are only two kind of customers around here.

The ones that spend more times trying to fix and patching the latest version of their shop that actually making sales, and the ones that understand how the system works and use proven and tested version and are busy making money..

Now if you go back to page 1 of this thread, you can see that more than once, the people that knows OC, have given the answer to this question...

You are possibly confusing stability with compatibility. To run an online shop using Opencart, you need them both..

Finally extension are here to enhance OC capabilities and/or to offer something out of the square. If you are making money with your business, why would you complain about other people trying to do the same with their job (the extensions they created).. Nobody is forcing you to buy extension, as you can make your own one.. Doesn't make any sense complaining about people trying to make money, by selling you the tools, so that yourself can make money...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 am

While the rest of the previous statement above does provides some truth regarding the visionary aspect of users, I don't agree with this analogy:
Doesn't make any sense complaining about people trying to make money, by selling you the tools, so that yourself can make money...
A construction worker could have great years of experience building his own house / cottage. Although, he may simply not have the time or may not want to spend the time after a certain period of his life to build a new one himself but rather hire someone competent to do the task. Besides, the same vision is already provided on the forum based on the Commercial Support forum section where any users could ask for custom tasks to be done financially which these tasks may not exactly be provided by ... lazy people since these users are the ones who provides the work with the capability they've used in order to keep growing by investing and hiring other people.

As a Business owner, this should already be considered in the bank.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mkp007 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 am

Burt65 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 am
I'm a business owner and I haven't looked at version 3, because it is the latest! I did however looked at version 2.+ (the one I'm currently using), only after several months of its release so that everybody working on it (extensions and bug fixes) did managed to catch up.

This topic has been beaten to death, I guess because people are too lazy to search the forum (as it could take a couple of minutes), but I can tell you that there are only two kind of customers around here.

The ones that spend more times trying to fix and patching the latest version of their shop that actually making sales, and the ones that understand how the system works and use proven and tested version and are busy making money..

Now if you go back to page 1 of this thread, you can see that more than once, the people that knows OC, have given the answer to this question...

You are possibly confusing stability with compatibility. To run an online shop using Opencart, you need them both..

Finally extension are here to enhance OC capabilities and/or to offer something out of the square. If you are making money with your business, why would you complain about other people trying to do the same with their job (the extensions they created).. Nobody is forcing you to buy extension, as you can make your own one.. Doesn't make any sense complaining about people trying to make money, by selling you the tools, so that yourself can make money...
Wow. Calling me complaining and lazy. Your site is probably awesome, isn't it. If I go back to page one, will that guide me along the path of total wisdom. Didn't think so. I'm trying to understand if OC is the best thing for my business going forward. It's not clear. If I were the OC developers, perhaps I would come out with a new offering that competes with Wix and shopify rather than broken versions of the same thing. I think what's happening is the OC world is shrinking. Coming out with a version 3 that's not wowing the crowd is a fail in my book.

Vorticy, Inc.

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 am

Coming out with a version 3 that's not wowing the crowd is a fail in my book.
Any books can be revised before its next distribution. OC 3 may have its flaws and its hate by many users. Although, with the minimal bug reports that has been reported since the past month about it, I think this version has proved its point on being almost as stable as its previous versions. Many users are simply concerned about the use of TWIG files since they can't accept the fact that Opencart uses a new approach to parse template files. In addition, template switchers have been published on the marketplace so that users can still use the TPL files among all v3.x releases of Opencart. That being said, there are absolutely no difference between OC v2.x and OC v3.x releases with the exception of the unexpected events that have either not being reported by users or they have been reported but without accurate details to conclude that those issues were actual issues in the past.

On the other way around, issues that have been reported but never implemented in the core may slow down the Business for countless users. Although, this lack of strategy isn't only originating on Opencart v3.x releases but is rather happening since the very beginning of the Opencart development. Although, these slowdowns has never stopped people from using the platform and to sell products.

Technology is about processing changes which those changes cannot be prevented - wanted or not. It may provides some flaws as it may provide the greatest success; depending how dedicated a team can be but also how dedicated people are to provide their problems and solutions that may help others to succeed rather than criticizing the idea.

People that wants to leave are not necessarily encouraged to do so but simply informed that the fact that they want to leave Opencart is based on their own decision and their decision only. Opencart is a free product that contains many partnered keys from the creator which those keys have not been tested with an actual account. However, there are users out there who are willing to make those tests and report unexpected events that may occur due to the one and thousands of reasons that might be. Which is why, among the 100k of created postings on the forum, the forum has to keep growing; to provide support to the users who still wants to believe in Opencart.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Burt65 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Oh boys...

I'm just going to reply to both at the same time as it is the same problem...

@ Straightlight
It was not an analogy. The tools are the extensions... Same way as your builder need tools to perform his job on the house

@ mkp007
Yes, you are complaining and you couldn't be bothered to do a search regarding OC versions... If you Google the same question you'll get 1.440.000 results...
But by the sound of it, it's primary goal is to not bring awesome features to market but to bring in revenue via extensions
Now this thread title says: "Which Opencart version is more stable" not "is Opencart good for my business". My reply was based on the title of the thread. I don't know what you business is, so I can't help you with your new second question..

Page 1 of this thread is not about "total wisdom" for most users around here. But you have thekrotek and Johnathan giving you a very clear answer to the original thread question. My suggestion to you, would be to take that "Wisdom" and use it for your business...

My business is doing just fine... Thanks for asking... Not that this is going to help you in any way... ;)

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by mkp007 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Burt65 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 pm

......Now this thread title says: "Which Opencart version is more stable" not "is Opencart good for my business". My reply was based on the title of the thread. I don't know what you business is, so I can't help you with your new second question..

Page 1 of this thread is not about "total wisdom" for most users around here. But you have thekrotek and Johnathan giving you a very clear answer to the original thread question. My suggestion to you, would be to take that "Wisdom" and use it for your business...

My business is doing just fine... Thanks for asking... Not that this is going to help you in any way... ;)
Burt,

I took a little bit of time searching and found this post. I didn't want to hijack it so I asked if you could reply to me in the post I created that is specific to the problem I am faced with. viewtopic.php?f=200&t=201889
If you weren't lazy and read my entire post than you might have not filled this post up with this garbage:
but I can tell you that there are only two kind of customers around here. The ones that spend more times trying to fix and patching the latest version of their shop that actually making sales, and the ones that understand how the system works and use proven and tested version and are busy making money.. Now if you go back to page 1 of this thread, you can see that more than once, the people that knows OC, have given the answer to this question... You are possibly confusing stability with compatibility. To run an online shop using Opencart, you need them both..
I mean really. Now, you may think your business is doing fine, but it probably isn't doing as well as it could. Right? I'm not afraid to expose flaws. Just creating a working system isn't good enough for me. I like Opencart, but if it is not giving my business an edge over my competitors, then I need to figure out what can. I'm using version 1.x, and from what I have read so far that there is not enough sufficient reasons to upgrade to 3.x??? Why is that? A flailing platform/business model? Anyways, if you want to respond to this question, please do so in the other post.

Vorticy, Inc.

Post by Burt65 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:05 pm

:laugh:
The pot calling the kettle black...
You gotta love Internet...

Location - Oz

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 am

@ Straightlight
It was not an analogy. The tools are the extensions... Same way as your builder need tools to perform his job on the house
While the tools still needs to be provided when acquiring services, it still doesn't prevent people on opening new deals towards Businesses to complete the tasks for them even though the requestor may already know how to do the job which was the point of my previous post. It still doesn't mean requestors are inclusive among the ones being lazy on not using the forum search at this point.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Burt65 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 am
@ Straightlight
While the tools still needs to be provided when acquiring services, it still doesn't prevent people on opening new deals towards Businesses to complete the tasks for them even though the requestor may already know how to do the job which was the point of my previous post. It still doesn't mean requestors are inclusive among the ones being lazy on not using the forum search at this point.
Sorry but just to be clear here...

Do you agree that developer should get paid for the work they perform by creating extensions?

Location - Oz

Post by Xciso » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 am

Come on girls!! Stop fighting.. I started this topic about which OC version is most stable. Are your last answers about my question? I dont think so. I aked this beacuse some people totally diss 3.x as it has many bugs, and that also 2.3.0.2 has more bugs then 2.2.0.0.

It's ok if you guys reply on this topic but it's should stay about the question..

Thanks.

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 am

Well, it's easy, to find out, without even creating a topic about it, just check,
what Versions are most actively in Discussion here, when it comes to problems,
and if you find nothing about a Version, it's most likely the one, you're looking for. :laugh:
But most don't compare Versions anyway, so, how should they know? And others handle
the matter, like after getting divorced, and so no longer able to have a neutral Point of View.
But better don't waste time, to find out, get one, then you will. ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:02 am

Sorry but just to be clear here...

Do you agree that developer should get paid for the work they perform by creating extensions?
This question stands from one to many point of view by the users. If all developers would want to publish an extension for financial statement, then there would be no point on publishing free releases on the marketplace nor on the forum in the first place.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by margarettestine » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 am

I found a similar thread here you go:

viewtopic.php?t=200212

Post by Burt65 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 am

Xciso wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:23 am
Come on girls!! Stop fighting.. I started this topic about which OC version is most stable. Are your last answers about my question? I dont think so. I aked this beacuse some people totally diss 3.x as it has many bugs, and that also 2.3.0.2 has more bugs then 2.2.0.0.

It's ok if you guys reply on this topic but it's should stay about the question..

Thanks.
You are 100% right... I apologise... I was just trying to make sense, and I forgot where I was... ;D

Location - Oz

Post by gob33 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Just to point out that the new OverClocked 1.11.0 is available.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by Tangol » Mon May 21, 2018 2:43 am

I would also go with OpenCart Overclocked.
The fact that it's based on the legendary OC v1.5.6.4 + hundreds of enhancements and bug fixes, makes it (in my opinion) one of the best OpenCart versions ever released.
Just look at the OpenCart Overclocked GitHub Repo and see for yourself.

Also, it's one of the few open source projects in the World, that has 100% code validation on both CODACY and SensioLabsInsight.

Having better security, better stability and dozens of new features, brings a lot of bad vibes from the OC Marketplace Devs, because for them, instability and lack of features = Profit.
So it's hard for them to recommend it...

But for the normal user, that wants something he can rely on, it's the perfect choice.

Post by graphicscardhub » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 am

Can somebody provide me the link to download 2.2 version. Thanks !

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:39 am

graphicscardhub wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 am
Can somebody provide me the link to download 2.2 version. Thanks !

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ad/history

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator