Post by Tecziq » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi,

My opencart(2.3.0.2) website is hosted on Amazon EC2 instance & to offload my website i am planning to implement Amazon CloudFront along with Amazon load balancer.

According to my recent search i came across a lot extensions which are offering this service. But they are not offering complete solution for this. According to them all images will be stored on local storage itself & they have just changed the image loading domain with sub-domain.

What i want is to store all images & downloadable on Amazon S3. Like - if admin upload images/etc then these get stored to Amazon S3 instead of local instance storage & same gets retrieve from Amazon S3 not from local instance in website front.

Is there a way to implement that in opencart ?

As i can see, according to present opencart coding structure specifically how system loads/stores images, it seems impossible or it will take a whole lot of time to implement.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:13 am

As i can see, according to present opencart coding structure specifically how system loads/stores images, it seems impossible or it will take a whole lot of time to implement.
It's not really impossible. You could either implement this feature by using composers, marketplace extension (if available) or by creating a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON