Post by Tecziq » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi,

My opencart(2.3.0.2) website is hosted on Amazon EC2 instance & to offload my website i am planning to implement Amazon CloudFront along with Amazon load balancer.

According to my recent search i came across a lot extensions which are offering this service. But they are not offering complete solution for this. According to them all images will be stored on local storage itself & they have just changed the image loading domain with sub-domain.

What i want is to store all images & downloadable on Amazon S3. Like - if admin upload images/etc then these get stored to Amazon S3 instead of local instance storage & same gets retrieve from Amazon S3 not from local instance in website front.

Is there a way to implement that in opencart ?

As i can see, according to present opencart coding structure specifically how system loads/stores images, it seems impossible or it will take a whole lot of time to implement.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:13 am

As i can see, according to present opencart coding structure specifically how system loads/stores images, it seems impossible or it will take a whole lot of time to implement.
It's not really impossible. You could either implement this feature by using composers, marketplace extension (if available) or by creating a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON