Post by kg0925 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:18 pm

i have bought a extension in $99 on 22 june. there are many bugs and working issue with the extension. and one of problem is still not resolved by the devloper. and he is claiming he resolved all issues on the ticket which i generated for refund 9 days back. i have provided him the screenshots of problem over ticket. but still he is claiming fake that he resolved. he is not refunding amount. so i created ticket from opencart contact us form for this issue 5 days back. so opencart support can step in to this. but i am not getting any response from opencart support. i have bought so many extension till now from different sellers. but this is the worst seller i have ever face. how can i get my money back. please suggest.

Post by johnp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:04 pm

How did you pay. Paypal?

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by kg0925 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:15 pm

i paid via credit card.

Post by johnp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Ok. Personally I would contact the seller one more time. Present your case to him, provide the evidence you believe shows he is at fault and give him whatever time you leagally need to do before contacting your card issuer and starting a chargeback claim. Let him be absolutely clear of your chargeback intentions. Most decent sellers will work to resolve your problems and make you happy. No seller really wants a bad selling record unless they're genuinely maudy.

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card ... -purchase/

If you have a postal address do it by recorded post. If not request read receipts for your emails and print them off. Emails as you probably know are now admissible as evidence. Further down the line you can consider launching a small claims action if you feel the need.

I'm not saying that's the definitive way but that's what I'd do and have done. Don't play ping pong. Offer the guy a chance for remedy then let the law take over.

Also, the Opencart team are pretty good. If the seller has a bad record he may end up getting removed from the marketplace which won't do his wallet any good. All in my honest opinion.

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by johnp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:04 pm

Another option would be to get an expert developer like Antropy to examine the extension code and identify any bugs and write a report. Yes they would charge but IMO it would be money well spent and would add weight to your case. You could claim that back as an expense if you went through the small claims process.

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by TellCharleys » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Same issue with me too... tellcharles I don't how to address this but, I mailed out to the seller but nothing happened as a solution, kindly please suggest me something regarding the same. Thanks!
Last edited by TellCharleys on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by kg0925 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:48 am

TellCharleys wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:40 pm
Same issue with me too... tellcharles I don't how to address this but, I mailed out to the seller but nothing happened as a solution, kindly please suggest me something regarding the same. Thanks!
i got my refund 4 days back. use opencart contact us page to get involved opencart authorities. you will get your refund if your claim is correct.

Post by kg0925 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:51 am

johnp wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 pm
Ok. Personally I would contact the seller one more time. Present your case to him, provide the evidence you believe shows he is at fault and give him whatever time you leagally need to do before contacting your card issuer and starting a chargeback claim. Let him be absolutely clear of your chargeback intentions. Most decent sellers will work to resolve your problems and make you happy. No seller really wants a bad selling record unless they're genuinely maudy.

If you have a postal address do it by recorded post. If not request read receipts for your emails and print them off. Emails as you probably know are now admissible as evidence. Further down the line you can consider launching a small claims action if you feel the need.

I'm not saying that's the definitive way but that's what I'd do and have done. Don't play ping pong. Offer the guy a chance for remedy then let the law take over.

Also, the Opencart team are pretty good. If the seller has a bad record he may end up getting removed from the marketplace which won't do his wallet any good. All in my honest opinion.
thank you for suggetion and help. i got my refund 4 days back.

Post by johnp » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:20 am

Perfect. :)

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by businessfan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:21 pm

johnp wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 pm

This advice was/is gold thank you so much. I myself never had a problem like that so far but I know many people that did. I'm happy I can share this with them.
Thank you again :-)

Post by johnp » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:03 pm

:)

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by Naheed » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:03 pm

You just need to contact the open cart. The support team will investigate the mater, and you will get your refund.