Post by Tron » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi Everyone

I am currently investigating different eCommerce solutions. I’ve looked at Shopify and ECWID already, but both don’t seem to include the customization that I require. My specific use case involves restricting which products a user can buy based on what they have bought in the past. The store’s main product will be a type of booking that allows access to a location for a limited amount of time. It would be ideal to restrict the purchase of new tickets if someone still has a valid ticket for a time period. Additional restrictions might be that an adult can’t purchase a ticket for a minor if they don’t have a valid ticket for that period. Do plugins already exist for OpenCart that allow these types of purchase history-based restrictions and if not, how difficult would it be to implement one myself?

I’m looking forward to your responses!

Regards

Post by Johnathan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Ultimate Restrictions can do this. It has a rule type called "Past Orders", which you can use to base a restriction on a customer's past purchases. For example, if you wanted to restrict a product called "Location Ticket" (product_id 42) to only be purchased once within the last 30 days, you could do this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESTRICTION #1
Name: Disable checkout when Location Ticket has been purchased in the last 30 days
Restriction Type: Checkout
Restriction Message: You cannot purchase this product at this time.
Rule: Product is Location Ticket [42]
Rule: Past Orders: Product = 42
Rule: Past Orders: Days = 0-30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how your system for minors works, so it may or may not be able to do that, but if you could put it as an option on the product (like a checkbox they tick) then that should be possible as well.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Tron » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:46 am

Thanks Johnathan!

Would it be possible for me to test this with our specific usage scenario, or will I need to purchase the plugin first? I'd like to know we've got a viable solution before I spend any money.

Regards

Post by Johnathan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:29 pm

I don't have a trial or test version because there's no way to securely limit that, so you'll have to try it out in the demo. If you have any questions I can answer those before purchasing though, and if you need help setting it up I can assist with that as well. Based on what you've described it should work for your purpose, though I'm not totally sure it will work with the minors restrictions. Feel free to contact me here if you want to discuss anything in more detail:

www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator