Post by CB2018 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:02 am

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I am after some advice please. I know Journal theme is hated here and I kind of know why from reading the multiple posts and yes you are right it isn’t great. My website is slow and I am not happy with it anymore.

Please can anyone advise me of a good theme to go to in terms of retaining the SEO aspect which I have found was good and is QUICK loading - I have probably 2000 products on my store.
There are so many themes around and it seems the “most popular” aren’t always the best in terms of performance.

Thank you.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:07 am

The themes from antropy are quite compatible with OpenCart standards, with a good performance.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by johnp » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:40 am

I generally build custom designs based on the default template. Add a couple SEO extensions and you have a pretty good solution.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.4 lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by nicoleanne » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:08 pm

CB2018 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:02 am
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I am after some advice please. I know Journal theme is hated here and I kind of know why from reading the multiple posts and yes you are right it isn’t great. My website is slow and I am not happy with it anymore.

Please can anyone advise me of a good theme to go to in terms of retaining the SEO aspect which I have found was good and is QUICK loading - I have probably 2000 products on my store.
There are so many themes around and it seems the “most popular” aren’t always the best in terms of performance.

Thank you.
I'm surprised anyone out there still works with Journal. It's so terrible one might think it's done on purpose... Whatever theme you choose it will be an improvement ;)

Nameics.com