Post by twoska » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:39 am

Opencart 3.0.2. Site is at www.selecttackle.com
I'm just trying to add a new category and some products in that category. I add the Category and it shows up in my main navigation. I then add a new product and under link I link it to the new category. However when I view the page and click the new category link in the main navigation the resulting page has all the products in my store. Not just the single product that I added to that category. Additionally the new product that I added shows up in the original category. I cleared cache and have checked everything but I'm new to this. Shouldn't the new product just show up in the new category? BTW the new category is set as Parent. I have it disabled right now because the store is live but can enable it if it helps. Thanks

Post by rjcalifornia » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:35 pm

twoska wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:39 am
Opencart 3.0.2. Site is at www.selecttackle.com
I'm just trying to add a new category and some products in that category. I add the Category and it shows up in my main navigation. I then add a new product and under link I link it to the new category. However when I view the page and click the new category link in the main navigation the resulting page has all the products in my store. Not just the single product that I added to that category. Additionally the new product that I added shows up in the original category. I cleared cache and have checked everything but I'm new to this. Shouldn't the new product just show up in the new category? BTW the new category is set as Parent. I have it disabled right now because the store is live but can enable it if it helps. Thanks
Use a staging site before pushing any change to production site. The way you describe the situation, it looks like the categories are not properly configured. If you add a product to a category, it will show up in that category. Unless you add all products to that category, you will see them there.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide