Post by RicardoMoutinho » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:41 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:16 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:09 pm
That's not what you said in your original post:
Journal3 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=222940&p=818201#p818201
My bad, lol....i just realized that now....what a moron, lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Post by NZSD » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:10 pm

I've been having similar issues with same dev Webkul - I have supplied all my admin, cp and ftp details etc and now they are asking to access my computer ???? I have refused and I'm predicting they next reply will be they can't help if they don't have that access. NO ONE has ever required this before. When i asked why they said ... ""We want to test the same on your machine so that we can check if there is any timezone issue or any other case that is not appearing at our end."" What do i do next ??? the main extension is still not working and they say they have now made changes solely to my installation (but its still not working properly) so now I'm worried that if i uninstall and choose something else I'm going to get lots of issues due to their ""fixing""

RE SUPPORT:
NO POINT in contacting OC as the messages are very rarely answered and usually just get a email a month later saying they have closed the ticket.
OC does not seem to monitor the extensions or developers in any way at all.
There is no way to know whether an extension is of good quality or not - developer can simply delete any comment they don't like - this happened to me already Its really difficult to get anything fixed - they just keep asking for more money (i.e. another 6months paid support for each extension) and saying there are no bugs.
I had expected OV to at least check out the developer and extensions on marketplace, they are promoting them and taking a cut of the sales!
You ant even use the OC feedback system as a guide as its misleading - the questions it asks you to rate the products are a waste of time and give a misrepresentation
If you stand up and ask for what you paid for, some developers are excellent in their support above and beyond the expected, but some just ignore you and when you come onto the forums to ask for help you get the "go to the developer" Most of us are to scared to name and shame as dev like Purpletree get very nasty - with their bullying and abuse, accusations of blackmail, (because i said I would ask on the forum) deleting comments etc they did not like when i left a review of their product and support, and after so much **** from them, i requested refund via paypal they cancelled all my licenses ""and " after that they added in their terms and conditions they were entitled to do this !!! ""to cover their owns butts"""" - I question the integrity of any company that writes this in their T&C's amazing as even when OC looked into it - they said oh well too bad for you. Lots of my time and money down the drain !

So the question is how do you know a developer has integrity and the [product is actually what they say it is.... number of sales counts for nothing Id like to know how many people are actually still using the extension after a month ???

I had a previous website that run on OC, probably not long after OC started, I brought a few extensions and paid a few developers to do a few things - never ever had an problem that couldn't be solved eventually. But now its a different experience and sadly more often a negative and costly - which all adds to giving OC a bad reputation and without any monitoring its only going to get worse.

JUST A QUESTION please don't slap my hand for asking - but why is journal a big hush hush ??? I m not a developer or tech person and am confused by this as it seems to be very popular and highly rated ?

CJ
OC 2.03.02

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:11 pm

JUST A QUESTION please don't slap my hand for asking - but why is journal a big hush hush ??? I m not a developer or tech person and am confused by this as it seems to be very popular and highly rated ?
Journal is NOT OpenCart. It uses its own modified OC core and is a different framework, a Journal site typcially is 80% non-OpenCart hence why Journal should offer their own support. Besides, it is of poor technical quality, bloated, slow, tends to unnecessarily re-invent the wheels, and doesn't abide by the OpenCart standards, therefore will clash with the majority of other 3rd party OpenCart extensions. There are several forum threads discussing these issues in more detail.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by NZSD » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:02 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:11 pm
Journal is NOT OpenCart. It uses its own modified OC core and is a different framework, a Journal site typcially is 80% non-OpenCart hence why Journal should offer their own support. Besides, it is of poor technical quality, bloated, slow, tends to unnecessarily re-invent the wheels, and doesn't abide by the OpenCart standards, therefore will clash with the majority of other 3rd party OpenCart extensions. There are several forum threads discussing these issues in more detail.
THANK YOU, I reply appreciate your reply. As a non tech person I had no idea, but your explanation makes complete sense, sadly some of us follow the "masses" as we really don't have enough knowledge to make informed decisions when buying extension and themes. Could I suggest that your answer is included in the Forum message about Journal viewtopic.php?f=2&t=221926, as it would help us "non tech" people to understand if I'd known this I would have looked for a theme that is OC based. And of course to confuse us even more, many dev emphasise their extensions as Journal compatible...

CJ
OC 2.03.02

Post by johnp » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:51 am

As I've said before. It's about time the Journal guys had their own system. JournalCart or similar. Journal makes too many changes/additions for Opencart and the Journal "theme" to be called Opencart.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by purpletreesoft » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Dear @NZSD,
The main problem you faced was when you purchased 5 hours of custom work, and forced us to upgrade your website with all extensions from opencart 2 to opencart 3.

It is not possible for anybody to have a running business website migrated in 5 hours, because migrating data and then all extensions, it is a long work.
We have written on the custom work purchase page, that we should be consulted first, before purchasing custom work, so that we can advise how many hours you need to purchase. But you purchased 5 hours arbitrarily and tried to force us to do all work in 5 hours only.
When we expressed our inability to do that work in 5 hours, you opened a dispute with Paypal. You could have just asked us for a refund. Not only that, you opened disputes for the purchases made up to 2 years ago, and by the way, you lost all PayPal disputes because your claims were false.
This was a very wrong behavior.

Before this, you asked us to provide support to you even after the expiry of the free support period of 6 months. This is not possible. You have to be under support period, if you need the support of a developer. You always had an option to renew the support, but you did not do that, and kept sending aggressive emails to us. Then you added a negative review for us, and said that you will remove the review if we provide support free of cost. This was blackmailing. And not acceptable to us.

Due to these reasons, our management decided it was best that we terminate all relations with you. Before that, we gave you a full refund for the purchases where you had active support available.

If you are facing problems with every developer you work with, and also with opencart company itself, then it is possible the problem lies with your attitude.

PS: If you want a proof of all this behavior from your side, we have all old tickets, and we can put the full screenshots of all the tickets here, without hiding any details.

Purpletree Software LLP
New features launched for Multivendor Marketplace Extension