Post by milkyway » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 am

Hello Daniel Sir

Can really Opencart come up with the real One-Page checkout with Enhance user friendliness rather than the Default JavaScript based Drop downs with real One page professional integrating it to the next Level with the Highest conversion rates as the following steps still need to click them for the next rather the Concept of One-page checkout gets completely diluted still customer has to click mouse 7 times to get thru the final order confirmation making it the Beta Version for Opencart one page checkout.

Step 1: Checkout Options --- Click Number 1

Step 2: Account & Billing Details -- Click Number 2

Step 3: Delivery Details -- Click Number 3

Step 4: Delivery Method --- Click Number 4

Step 5: Payment Method ---- Click Number 5

Step 6: Confirm Order ---- Click Number 6

Confirm Order Final Click Number 7

Why Not put all the details nicely and well professional in one page clearly visible all the details Next to Computer screen making the customer aware they are really on final step for Order way rather than confusing or taking more time for clicks.

Few Examples but some of the best Open-source True One page integration

http://www.one-pagecheckout.com/images/gal_img1.jpg -- The best and well professional (8/10) -- its called single page check-out

http://www.onepage-checkout.com/picsmain/enlarge.html -- (7/10)

More Conversion, More customer friendly Lesser hassle Free and greater Shopping Experience :)

I hope the New Updates will be quick Fix on New Truly One page Checkout rather than multi-layered 7 clicks keep clicking checkout in Opencart 1.5.x

Many thanks Regards

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:28 am

Deleted your other post please do not cross post.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by marcelwoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Nope. I think I like the current checkout page. What's the point of having a bulky so-called one-page checkout page?
you put all the stuff together in one page and there is so much columns and fields out there. I would feel dizzy.....
7 clicks will be ok and the current checkout process is clear and easy enough to customers and let them go through the checkout process with ease.

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by e-Hifi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:01 pm

milkyway: I agree there should be a better onepage checkout, wich i have stated before on this forum. Unfortunately, i dont think there will be an official change for this, but hopefully there will be a mod that takes care of this for those of us that think this would be the best way of doing checkouts. Maybe Xsecrets would tackle this in the near future? :)

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:09 pm

I am working on this. I have a customer that needs it a specific way. I will get that done then use it as a basis to build a version that I can release for general consumption.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by milkyway » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks Xsecrets for your Great response Xsecrets i guess now you are giving it more User friendly and truly One step for peoples who dont come on daily basis over the Web Shopping so this one page with all fields makes them easy to understand and they know since they can see it clearly on their screen, so making them aware what are the basic fields which are required to get the order process hassle free and lesser clicks with greater conversion rates thats all we wanted end of the day.

Rather than giving them too much of Hidden clicks makes them boring shopping experience since all we want the customer user friendly opencart so we gets more response than others

I hope this changes will be applied soon so that all Customers can get the best Shopping experience :)

Many thanks for your contributions for better Opencart

Post by milkyway » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 am

Xsecrets wrote:I am working on this. I have a customer that needs it a specific way. I will get that done then use it as a basis to build a version that I can release for general consumption.

Hi X any updates :) on simple one page checkout

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:08 am

still working on it just have a lot going on right now.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by phonepartsusa » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:34 pm

milkway, i was thinking the same thing. Xsecrets... im looking forward to the script!

Post by itarget » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 pm

Hello guys,

We have made the one page checkout available for the OpenCart 1.4.9.x versions.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2830

Post by karlpers » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:46 am

+1 waiting excited for a checkout extension:)

Post by SapporoGuy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:20 am

@ itarget
good conversion of the 1.5 process!

Not sure if I like the magento governmental form application. Sure everything is put on 1 page but does that make it easier?
How many clicks are really there?
How many times do I need to scan the page to see IF I forgot something?
How many options have been left out to make it fit on that 1 page?

Clicks are not just page throughs! Sure you reduced the number of pages to 1 but you still have a similar number of clicks ;)

Any other suggestions?

However, I do agree, getting a customer past the register and out the door fast-as-possible is 1 very good policy!

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by karlpers » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:30 am

I made a quick description of how the checkout could be designed. It uses quite much ajax and would more complex to create then I can manage.

- Uses who click on the Checkout-button still reach the coupon/voucher fields
- Shipping estimation is automatically done
- Optional password will create an acocunt, otherwise the customer will checkout as guest. Could also be used if the password is required and guest checkout unavailable.

I understand this wouldnt be optimal for all stores since the customer can be confused when shipping and payment are changed according to country/state. Many stores mailny sell to one Geo-zone though.

Lets give your opinion about this! Anyone willing to release this into an extention?

Post by aliwister » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I've been working on something similar. Here is a demo:

http://www.aliwister.net/opc/upload/

Post by aliwister » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:04 pm