Post by Minimera » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 pm

I am looking for ways to add products faster in Opencart. For example: instead of clicking on different tabs (General, Data, Links et c) when adding products, I would like to have only one, custom designed tab with only the options I need.

I'm using options like Product Name, Product Model... but NOT Product SKU, Product Weight and so on.

If I had all the form fields that I normally use on one single page I would be able to tab between the fields and add information for each product faster.

I have searched for extensions that may help me customize the add product page but so far I haven't found any.

Do you know if there is a fairly easy way to customize an add product tab?

Post by labeshops » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 pm

I edited my admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl moving everything I normally need on the first tab to make it easier for myself. Just be sure you move the complete section for each field. You can really rearrange them any way you want. Just leave anything you don't always use where it is.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by xlam » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:26 am

This is that i need, save for my time :)

Baju Muslim Baju Pria Baju Anak Baju Korea Sparepart Printer Baju Muslim JNE Surabaya

Post by HausO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by kenjaworski » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Is it true that we can only add them one by one as we use open cart? In my understanding it is possible to copy an item but we need to go into it and edit.

Post by xlam » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:27 pm

You can custom product_form.tpl , edit one by one...i use this method on my store. Just put fields that you need on front

Baju Muslim Baju Pria Baju Anak Baju Korea Sparepart Printer Baju Muslim JNE Surabaya

Post by ilmojk » Wed May 10, 2017 3:50 am

labeshops wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 pm
I edited my admin/view/template/catalog/product_form.tpl moving everything I normally need on the first tab to make it easier for myself. Just be sure you move the complete section for each field. You can really rearrange them any way you want. Just leave anything you don't always use where it is.
I have tried this too, but if i move something, nothing changes.. I don't know what i do wrong..
Can you help me?

EDIT: i found problem. Other Extension prevent to do this. I disable it, and now i can modified.

Using now Opencart 2.1.0.2

Location - Finland

Post by fatman123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Easy Add Product
Add a very fast product from a single page
Auto seo url for example "Apple Cinema 30"" -> "apple-cinema-30"
Auto product model PRD1, PRD2...PRD551,PRD∞
Auto meta tag title
Easy to use. You will enjoy adding it to the product. Very easy to install.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... %20product

Mail : support@peehe.com
Demo : http://peehe.com/admin
Username : demo
Password : demo

Post by triplumi » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:36 am

I have created a Google Chrome Extension (initially for me, then I made it public) to do just that.
Benefits:
- Easy to activate/deactivate sections or inputs
- One page add product
- Easy to install, no coding required
- I'm willing to create new features if you have suggestions
- No compatibility issues

In a future version, I will add a feature to automatically go to the last visited page in Images Manager. I find it very annoying to keep looking for images after you upload them or add an additional image. I will also add a feature to activate/deactivate menu items on the left menu. Most of the time most of the items in the left menu are useless. I want to have a minified version (for SELLING mode - you will choose which options to show) and to easily deactivate it whenever I want to add products or edit the site.

Chrome Extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... opkj?hl=en

Post by Naheed » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Various extensions are available that can help you adding products faster in Opencart.
Following are some of them:
Quick Add, Edit Multiple Products
Add/insert product fast and easy