Post by mbwelby » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:40 am

uacinfotech wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm
My customer has just been granted an afterpay merchant account.
Before purchasing any of the current modules be aware of the afterpay best practises and integration docs.

All
Hi uacinfotech - are you saying you successfully implemented Afterpay for your customer?

Post by uacinfotech » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi mbwelby
Don't mean to sound short but yes that's exactly what I'm suggesting. Alot of front end changes and couple of back end changes as well.

Post by emric » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi uacinfotech,

Thank you for your post to inform all of this.
Would you please elaborate on this since so many users (Business owners administering their own sites mostly ) have been attempting to add Afterpay to their sites? ... the main barrier being not a technical one, but that of obtaining an approved account from Afterpay for an Opencart site.

If one selects Opencart on their online application form, the form shuts down the application and advises Aftepay does not accept Opencart and one can no longer continue to populate the form, it shuts the form down. (This was the case last time I attempted to complete the form)

I check every 3-6 months with Afterpay and have called them recently (In Australia) after I noticed your recent post and was advised that they are still instructed to state that there is still no agreement between Afterpay and Opencart and that they will not process Opencart applications. (He said off the record, try maybe to select "Other" instead of Opencart as the platform in use. I tried, after completion it stated applications are processed within 2-3 business days, its been almost 2 weeks, and no rejection or approval email at all, so that staff suggested "ruse" made no difference.

We have had Zipay running well for the last few years, however the demand in our sector by customers, is for Afterpay, We receive enquirers almost every week or other week asking when will provide Afterpay. This seems to have increased since the start of the economic fall-out from the pandemic.

My business partner is now of the opinion that the on-going and increasing demand by our customers and potential customers is outstripping the benefits of using OpenCart. Business is the driver here ... rather than the technology , it is what pays the Dev bills and creates the need for the technology in the first place, rather than the technology cloistering and dictating how the business can or cant operate.
I am beginning to think the same.

I have not purchased the current extension that has been available for the last few years after reading the extension page comments, a lucky first few got approved accounts by Afterpay and the remainder thereafter appear to have bought the extension but then had account approvals rejected citing Opencart is not supported by Afterpay.

1)
Could you please share more detailed information on how your client was able to have an Afterpay account for Opencart approved?

2)
And if there is some form of alternative means to somehow have an Afterpay account approved for an Opencart instance, did you build a payment gateway (via API?) for your client that had the account approved ?

3)
And if so, are you available and willing to do so for other potential clients ?

As we would like to discuss this in more detail if you are available and willing and are able to assist in getting around the still apparent barrier to Opencart operators being granted Afterpay accounts and I think overall many past posters in this thread and those who read and have the same questions would all benefit from knowing the details on how they can have Afterpay running for their business and customers.

Thanks,

Emric

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
uacinfotech wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm
My customer has just been granted an afterpay merchant account.
Before purchasing any of the current modules be aware of the afterpay best practises and integration docs.

All

Post by Ozfarmer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:01 am

Still not working with Opencart in Australia, just asked again today :(

From AfterPay:

Thank you for reaching out.

We still do not integrate with opencart yet.

Please visit our site here for ecommerce and POS systems we support https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/business-integrations

Thank you,
Afterpay Merchant Support

Location - Australia