Post by tom327 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:17 am

I am using OpenCart 1.5.6.4 and using an extension named QuickBooks Merchant Services (QBMS) API Payments 1.5.x to process payments using my Intuit Quickbooks Merchant account.

Recently Quickbooks updated their Payment API and this extension will soon NOT work anymore.
https://blogs.intuit.com/blog/2019/05/2 ... precation/
It seems the developer of the extension is no longer updating the extension.

I need help.
Is there anyone who could update this extension for me to work with the new Quickbooks API?
Or would anyone offer an extension or be able to create one that would work with Opencart 1.5.6.4 and allow me to process payments with Quickbooks?

Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:32 am

I'm actually working on an extension for this for another person, which I plan on releasing as soon as we have it tested. I believe the deadline is November 12th, so I hope to have it out before then, as long as the testing goes well. Once I have it released I'll post a link in this topic.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by tom327 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:35 am

That's great news Johnathan to hear you are working on this extension. I have bought quite of few of your other extensions and they are all excellent.

Regarding this new extension. Will it work with OpenCart 1.5.6.4 version?
Quickbooks current API will not work any more after Nov 12.

Also here is a link Quickbook sent me regarding this:
https://blogs.intuit.com/blog/2019/05/2 ... precation/

The current extesnion I am using which no longer seems to be updated is described as:
The QuickBooks Merchant Services (QBMS or Intuit Payment Solutions) enables you to accept credit card payments from OpenCart using your existing QB/Intuit merchant account while the customer remains on your site.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 255&page=3

I look forward to your new extension and will check here each day for its release.

Post by Johnathan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:14 am

The extension is now complete. Yes, it works with all OpenCart 1.5.x, 2.x, and 3.0 versions. You can find the forum post (which has images and links to purchase it on OpenCartX.com or opencart.com) here:

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=214685

My other customer was unable to test live payments this week, so I decided to go ahead and release the extension since there are others needing it right away. I've tested sandbox payments and those all work fine, so I believe live payments should work with no problem. If you do have issues for any reason, contact me here for support and I can look at it right away:

www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Administrator

Post by tom327 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:39 am

If you install the extension today, will you still have to wait until the Nov 12 date, when Quickbooks will switch the API, for the extension to actually be able to process payments? In that case, would I need to test how it works using Sandbox mode until Nov 12?

Post by Johnathan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:08 pm

Yes, it should be able to process payments immediately. I believe their new API has been in use for a year or two now, so it should work just fine. I wasn't aware of the deadline until someone requested an extension from me, otherwise I would have built it much sooner. I think they gave people a year or two to switch, but didn't notify people of the deadline until a month ago. I'm not an Intuit customer so I don't know if they sent out multiple e-mails previously.

If you decide to get the extension, what I'd suggest is installing it and test it in Sandbox mode, to make sure it's working. (You have to go through a bit of a process to get your Client ID, Client Secret, and Refresh Token, so that will take 20 minutes or so. If you have problems when you do that you can contact me and I can assist.)

If that initial test works, then switch to Production mode and make a test for a small amount (or only Authorize the payment, so it doesn't actually charge your card). If you have any issues with that, contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact and I'll look into it as soon as possible. You can leave your existing payment gateway enabled in the meantime so customers can still place orders, and only enable the new one while you're doing your own tests.

Administrator