Post by toshina » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 pm

When I installed and configured OpenCart 1.5.4 for my store, I believe Canada Post was one of the default shipping modules. I installed this module, created a SellOnline account but I am having troubles connecting to the server. It appears that my Canada Post module version is only compatible with OpenCart 1.5.1.2.

Is there a free module extension for 1.5.4? I do see one in the Extension library (http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=28) for $35, but I'd rather not pay if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!

Location - Edmonton, Alberta

Post by kdmp » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 am

Hi Toshina,

The free module, no matter what the error, will report Error Connecting to Canada Post. It is how it was coded. It will work on 1.5.5.1, I can verify that.

What if you try using the demo MerchantID. Will it proceed? Also, have you set up your box sizes in the SellOnline account?

I was contributing to it, but have since started my own from scratch because I wanted those errors from Canada Post. I don't want to show that my customers store couldn't connect to Canada Post, when it was as simple as the product being too heavy to ship through CP.

Kevin

Kevin Davidson
Purolator Shipping Module
Canpar Shipping Module
VQMod - Paypal Transaction ID to Payment Details

Location - Ontario, Canada

Post by toshina » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:55 am

Kevin,

I've set everything up in my SellOnline account include box sizes (3 of them) but the Canada Post module refuses to connect. I tried the MerchantID and it still doesn't work. Not even once. I've been meddling around with it since I created this thread and still won't work. Is there any way around it?

Once you complete your own module, will you offering it for free or with a license? I am interested.

Post by kdmp » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi Toshina,

Did you ever get it to work? I totally forgot about this post :(

My Canada Post module is only offered bundled with my Purolator module under license. I won't be releasing it separately out of respect to other contributors of Opencart who are selling it stand alone.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Davidson
Purolator Shipping Module
Canpar Shipping Module
VQMod - Paypal Transaction ID to Payment Details

Location - Ontario, Canada

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:20 pm

toshina wrote:I do see one in the Extension library (http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=28) for $35, but I'd rather not pay if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!
My module may not be free, but I can guarantee it works out of the box :)

Administrator

Post by toshina » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Kevin,

No, I never got it to work. I tried emailing my host server about setting a different port number for the module but they were complaining about security issues (??). So I did some research on average Canada Post shipping rates and offer flat rate instead because I can't think of any other way around it.

Qphoria > if I purchase your module and it still doesn't work (may be a server issue), would I get a refund?

Thank you.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:33 pm

toshina wrote: Qphoria > if I purchase your module and it still doesn't work (may be a server issue), would I get a refund?
I dunno... I've never had one of my mods not work ;D :joker:
But yes if I cannot get it to work on your site I will refund

Administrator

Post by mortyBox » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:49 am

Any chance you could help me with the following?

I would like to only display "Regular" delivery option. I looked through the code, and found the array for priority, xpresspost and regular, but I can't seem to find the code that displays during estimates or checkout.

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:25 pm

mortyBox wrote:Any chance you could help me with the following?

I would like to only display "Regular" delivery option. I looked through the code, and found the array for priority, xpresspost and regular, but I can't seem to find the code that displays during estimates or checkout.

Thanks.
You should be able to select which services you want to display from the admin configuration of the module.

Administrator

Post by mfblack2001 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:01 am

Use only Kilograms and centimeters... it works for me!

Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:23 am

mfblack2001 wrote:Use only Kilograms and centimeters... it works for me!
Yea this is an oddity that many Canadians don't know their own units or currency codes.

The official Canada units are KG and CM (not LB and IN)
The official Canada Currency Code is: CAD (not CDN or CAN)

Administrator