Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:03 am

asiegbucp wrote:Hello @Jeffrodh
Please why am I getting this VQMod error below;

--------- Date: 2014-10-04 14:48:36 ~ IP : 66.189.105.149 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=extension/shipping&token=fbdd5e3b6eb2363a8fc52db9ea63c01a
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home1/buyomart/public_html/vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml
id : Fix USPS Rates for 7/28/2013 API Update
version : 1.4.1
vqmver : 2.3.9
author : JeffroDH

File Name : admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php(2)
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $_['text_domestic_7'] = 'Library Mail';

Your answer is right here: SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $_['text_domestic_7'] = 'Library Mail';
And here: vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml
And here: admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php

So in that file Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml it is searching for $_['text_domestic_7'] = 'Library Mail'; in admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php and ir can't find it.
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:22 am

Cue4cheap wrote:
asiegbucp wrote:Hello @Jeffrodh
Please why am I getting this VQMod error below;

--------- Date: 2014-10-04 14:48:36 ~ IP : 66.189.105.149 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=extension/shipping&token=fbdd5e3b6eb2363a8fc52db9ea63c01a
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home1/buyomart/public_html/vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml

VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $_['text_domestic_7'] = 'Library Mail';

Your answer is right here: SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $_['text_domestic_7'] = 'Library Mail';
And here: vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml
And here: admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php

So in that file Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml it is searching for $_['text_domestic_7'] = 'Library Mail'; in admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php and ir can't find it.
Mike
Thanks @Cue4Cheap. Answered this question in the comments section, and it gets cross posted here.

@asiegbucp: This kind of thing is usually caused by a modified file, or another vqmod modifying the same files. I'll look into it in more detail this evening. You're on OC 1.5.6.1?

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 am

rayshobby wrote:(sorry if I am reposting but the previous post didn't seem to appear...)
Hi, I just installed this vqmod (I have OC 1.5.6). The strange thing I am seeing is that the Get Quotes popup shows the USPS options correctly, in ascending order sorted by price, but the checkout page shows them in descending order (i.e. the most expensive option comes first). Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.
Thanks for posting this question in the forum. I'll look into that this evening. Certainly isn't how it's supposed to work.

Post by padred123 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:20 am

I left a comment in the review section about the error below. It was suggested that my usps.php was edited or another vqmod was interfering. I removed all other vqmods except vqmod_opencart.xml and Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml then cleared the vqacache. I also overwrote the admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php with the stock OC ver 1.5.6.1. There seems to be some dependencies in the titles. I've even tried editing the usps.php when I replace " $_['text_domestic_7'] " I get a few more errors.

---------- Date: 2014-10-07 08:44:59 ~ IP : 71.99.141.72 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=shipping/usps&token=xxx
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /xxx/html/kenja-store/vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by JeffroDH » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:10 am

padred123 wrote:I left a comment in the review section about the error below. It was suggested that my usps.php was edited or another vqmod was interfering. I removed all other vqmods except vqmod_opencart.xml and Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml then cleared the vqacache. I also overwrote the admin/language/english/shipping/usps.php with the stock OC ver 1.5.6.1. There seems to be some dependencies in the titles. I've even tried editing the usps.php when I replace " $_['text_domestic_7'] " I get a few more errors.

---------- Date: 2014-10-07 08:44:59 ~ IP : 71.99.141.72 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=shipping/usps&token=xxx
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /xxx/html/kenja-store/vqmod/xml/Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've uploaded a new version 1.4.1b for OC versions from 1.5.2 to 1.5.6.4 to address this issue. Stupid oversight on my part when I was updating for the September 2014 API update.

Post by padred123 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:00 am

Thanks, works as advertised now!

On another note, the standard post thing is a pain in the ass but I understand that is USPS's fault. It seems to me like Priority mail is pretty much the new standard. Why must USPS make things so damn confusing?!

Post by JeffroDH » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:51 am

That's a good question.

Post by webauthorings » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Jeffro,

Running 1.4.9.3 for a client. Just installed the latest version of vqMod. I'm pretty certain I restored the original usps.php file for 1.4.9.3, but in case I reused a modified version of usps.php can you provide me an original? Impossible to find online.

vqMod is definitely running as I can see the files in the vqMod Cache.

Thank you in advance for your help.

~Howard

Regards,
Howard Baltus
WebAuthoring.com
TheTrickery.com

Post by promofire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:32 pm

I bought the mod and uploaded it to my 1.4.9.3 store because I was getting the API disabled error in my cart. I set any new options and changed kilograms to pounds. The error remained. I went back into the mod and it had reset itself to kilograms. No matter how many times I change it to pounds, it keeps reverting to kilograms, so I've disabled it for now. Do you know how I can fix that? I need to get USPS working again.

It also won't let me turn on debugging.

UPDATE: I downloaded my database and in the settings for the USPS module, the weight class is set to 5, which is pounds, even though the module itself says kilograms. Don't ask me why. I made sure to select pounds and enabled the mod and still got this during checkout:

API Disabled: RateV3. The RateV3 API is no longer available. Please follow the "RateV3 to RateV4" transition guide in the announcements section at www.usps.com/webtools to migrate to the latest version or contact your software provider or shipping administrator for assistance.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 am

promofire wrote:I bought the mod and uploaded it to my 1.4.9.3 store because I was getting the API disabled error in my cart. I set any new options and changed kilograms to pounds. The error remained. I went back into the mod and it had reset itself to kilograms. No matter how many times I change it to pounds, it keeps reverting to kilograms, so I've disabled it for now. Do you know how I can fix that? I need to get USPS working again.

It also won't let me turn on debugging.

UPDATE: I downloaded my database and in the settings for the USPS module, the weight class is set to 5, which is pounds, even though the module itself says kilograms. Don't ask me why. I made sure to select pounds and enabled the mod and still got this during checkout:

API Disabled: RateV3. The RateV3 API is no longer available. Please follow the "RateV3 to RateV4" transition guide in the announcements section at http://www.usps.com/webtools to migrate to the latest version or contact your software provider or shipping administrator for assistance.
Uploading an updated VQmod that should solve the problems. For some reason I hadn't updated the 1.4.7+ fork of this mod.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:06 am

webauthorings wrote:Hi Jeffro,

Running 1.4.9.3 for a client. Just installed the latest version of vqMod. I'm pretty certain I restored the original usps.php file for 1.4.9.3, but in case I reused a modified version of usps.php can you provide me an original? Impossible to find online.

vqMod is definitely running as I can see the files in the vqMod Cache.

Thank you in advance for your help.

~Howard
Not sure what problems you're having, but I'm uploading an updated version for versions 1.4.7 to 1.4.9.3

Give that a shot and let me know if you still need any assistance.

Post by promofire » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:27 am

I uploaded the new VQmod file and even without enabling USPS yet, trying to go through checkout gave me this when I got to shipping options:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/mineescal/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_shipping_usps.php on line 911

I enabled it just to see what would happen and still get this error.

Thanks for the help. OC 1.4.9.3

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:41 am

promofire wrote:I uploaded the new VQmod file and even without enabling USPS yet, trying to go through checkout gave me this when I got to shipping options:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/mineescal/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_shipping_usps.php on line 911

I enabled it just to see what would happen and still get this error.

Thanks for the help. OC 1.4.9.3
In the VQmod, find this line

Code: Select all

<search position="replace" offset="408"><![CDATA[class ModelShippingUsps extends Model {]]></search>
and make sure the offset integer matches the number of lines between the first

<?php
and the final

?>
in the file.

Sometimes files have extra white space (blank lines between each line of code, for instance) that throws things off.

Post by promofire » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:54 am

My php knowledge is iffy at best. I'm not sure what you're asking me to do. I found the line of course, but I'm not sure what should look abnormal to me.

Post by JeffroDH » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:53 am

Send me a PM and attach your /catalog/model/shipping/usps.php file

I'll look at it and make the necessary changes.

Post by promofire » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Sent, thanks.

Post by JeffroDH » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm out of state for a couple of days. If I have some time I'll get it done this evening.

Post by jeffyork40 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:32 pm

I bought this update simply to fix an issue I have with USPS defaulting to the highest rate on the checkout. Yet, my checkout page still defaults to the highest rate shipping method for all sales. ( I didnt need the <sup> fix as I had that figured out already)

As per the instructions, I simply uploaded the given Hogan_USPS_7_2013.xml file to the VQMOD / XML folder. I am running OC 1.5.3.1

Note: I already had USPS shipping enabled and running in my shipping extensions. I tried disable it and then enable'ing it but that didnt help. In my example test, I took an item with a weight of .10 lbs which can be shipped First class mail parcel for $ 2.32 based on the close proximity of my zip code to my warehouse zip code. That shipping option comes up but, the shipping default is $ 19.99. for Priority Mail Express 1 - Day Flat Rate Envelope. I do not want it defaulting to the highest shipping rate as this causes a conversion problem when people see the default high shipping price. My site is at www.hardwarestorecloseouts.com and you can test it on The Westinghouse A-Line Bulb SKU 3404167 if you need to see a real time example.

Did I miss something ? All I seen in your directions was to upload that XML as mentioned above

Jeff York
Director
HardWareStoreCloseouts.com
Texasvalueonline.com
HSCrewardsClub.com

Post by BionicBill » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:32 pm

I can't seem to get rates for international orders tried the following in cart for postal quote

Region : Toledo
Postal code: 45400

This generates the following error message:

Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!

Post by JeffroDH » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 am

@BionicBill: Make sure you've enabled international shipping options in the admin panel.