Post by gmedia01 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:31 am

Are there ANY options out there for getting real-time USPS shipping rates PER EACH ITEM using each item's dimensions and weight? We have already set our account to give real-time options for FedEx and UPS, but I see nothing for USPS. Is there anything in the works? Q, are you doing anything? We're not apposed to having one custom made or contributing to someone's project, but we need one.

Not to jab, but honestly, it is weird that this in not a part of OC already. USPS is a big deal in the US, and there are a lot of US OC users and developers.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

Post by deewatt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:59 am

It seemed weird to me too, but I believe this cart was designed by European/English designers, so there is little focus on USA shipping. Try as I might I cannot seem to get USPS working for me. I'm about to give up personally.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Not sure if you're interested in giving a different shipping option for each item, but Individual Shipping can request rates for each item in the cart, from any shipping method. That way a customer could select different methods for each item, which may or may not be what you want.

Beyond that, I have an advanced USPS module on my list to create in the future, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it. I'll try and post here when I do. In the meantime, you might need to hire someone to request the rate for each item, and then combine them all into a single cost.

If you need to find a developer, I recommend you post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum (forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=88), which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area (www.opencart.com/index.php?route=partner/partner).

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by kevtheirish » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 am

gmedia01 wrote:Are there ANY options out there for getting real-time USPS shipping rates PER EACH ITEM using each item's dimensions and weight? We have already set our account to give real-time options for FedEx and UPS, but I see nothing for USPS. Is there anything in the works? Q, are you doing anything? We're not apposed to having one custom made or contributing to someone's project, but we need one.

Not to jab, but honestly, it is weird that this in not a part of OC already. USPS is a big deal in the US, and there are a lot of US OC users and developers.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

We were running into this issue as we sell large bulky lightweight items .8cf 13 oz to 1.85cf 1.5lbs
would be nice if you could set cf on each option/attribute not just weight difference, and a max. cf/box before a second package is needed. International shipping rate via USPS and what we sell dont work out that well as OC currently takes the largest item , assumes that is the box and then just adds weight to those dimensions.

This will be especially valuable with the changes to shipping rates for FedEx/UPS coming in Jan.

We use 6 different sized boxes, that can hold a certain number of each product OR a certain combination of products.
As I said before, international rates arent even close to being accurate with MOST of the modules I have seen, and we dont do enough international sales (yet) to justify paying for a custom module.

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:50 pm

If you're looking to add dimensions to options, you might look at this extension:

http://www.opencartx.com/options-modify ... dimensions

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:19 am

Yea I can probably create a USPS Deluxe similar to my UPS Deluxe to add itemization, rate padding, etc.

Administrator

Post by bobb » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:26 am

I need a quick clarification please, I just installed version 1.5.6.4. The SHIPPING setup page for USPS asks for a User ID. When I set up my account at USPS (6 months ago and have not used it since) I have a username (which is my email address), a Mailer ID (9-digit number), and a CRID (7-digit number). Which of these am I supposed to use?

I have tried all 3 and each one gives me the same error in the cart:
"Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect."

and the log shows:
<Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description>

The log also verifies that one attempt was made with each of the 3 IDs.

Before I start calling USPS I want to be sure I have the correct setup.

Post by deewatt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:16 am

I'm just gonna go ahead and try and find another e-commerce site solution that supports usps. This is too much for me. It's not working out for me.

Post by Cue4cheap » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:52 am

deewatt wrote:I'm just gonna go ahead and try and find another e-commerce site solution that supports usps. This is too much for me. It's not working out for me.
It does support USPS. We used it everyday.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:12 am

bobb wrote:I need a quick clarification please, I just installed version 1.5.6.4. The SHIPPING setup page for USPS asks for a User ID. When I set up my account at USPS (6 months ago and have not used it since) I have a username (which is my email address), a Mailer ID (9-digit number), and a CRID (7-digit number). Which of these am I supposed to use?

I have tried all 3 and each one gives me the same error in the cart:
"Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect."

and the log shows:
<Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description>

The log also verifies that one attempt was made with each of the 3 IDs.

Before I start calling USPS I want to be sure I have the correct setup.
It is shipping api id
You sign up at https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/
I think many people are using their USPS site login or click-n-ship login which won't work

The USPS module works perfectly and has for years.. I personally redeveloped the core usps module back when I was making core changes and it still works today. But I USPS doesn't make it clear to users about what they need.

Administrator

Post by EnTr3Preneur06 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 am

I'm new to all of this. So I'm asking here hoping someone who may have had the same issue could help me with my USPS issue.

This is what I've done so far with Opencart 1.5.6.4.:
1) Went to https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/ and register for U. S. Postal Service's Web Tools APIs.
2) I received an email from registration@shippingapis.com with a subject line "Important USPS Web Tool Registration Notice" In that email they gave me a username (three numbers than five characters from my business name than four numbers, look like 000XXXXX0000) and a password.
3) Following the directions of other posts I called (1-800-344-7779) and asked to be moved to a productions server.
4) Then I went back to my OpenCart admin Extensions >Shipping> I uninstalled all shipping method (because I saw in other post that the USPS don't work with UPS) and install USPS.
5) I enter in my Username that I received in the above mentioned email. Enter my zip code, check the domestic services I wanted, skipped international services, selected a size, selected a container, selected yes for machinable (because I saw in another post that mean the majority of my packages will be under 35lb), put in dimensions, picked an options for display delivery time, picked an option for display deliver weight, selected a weight class, selected taxable goods, selected all tax zone (because I saw in another post it could help), Enabled status, Put 1 for sort order, selected enable for Debug mode (not %100 sure about what this is. Think it just save shipping info somewhere).
6) Went to my website and added an item to my cart and hit "Estimate Shipping & Taxes" Enter in destinations and got "Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect."

Not sure what to do next I reviewed a bunch of post and youtube videos. Nothing helped. Do I need to fix something with my taxes first? Think I have my taxes ok however I'm going to buy a tax extension once I get this fixed. Do I need to edited something in the coding? If so can someone give me a step by step? I know some basic coding, not much but I can follow directions well. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Post by EnTr3Preneur06 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:33 am

Hello,
Problem almost solved. I emailed webtools@usps.gov and had a very useful back and fourth correspondences with someone there. They helped me figure out why I was getting the "Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect."

Now I'm getting some code with the shipping options. For example Priority Mail 1-Day<sup>™</sup>. Do anyone know where I can go to rename the shipping options so this do not show up?

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:53 am

EnTr3Preneur06 wrote:Hello,
Problem almost solved. I emailed webtools@usps.gov and had a very useful back and fourth correspondences with someone there. They helped me figure out why I was getting the "Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect."

Now I'm getting some code with the shipping options. For example Priority Mail 1-Day<sup>™</sup>. Do anyone know where I can go to rename the shipping options so this do not show up?

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 96#p424282

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by gmedia01 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:48 pm

OMG! I wasn't getting notifications of this at all! My vote is to have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked by default.

Anyway, Jonathan and Qphoria: Yes, we need a USPS module that calculates EXACT shipping based on individual item weights and dimensions. If you need money to make this happen, then let me know what your price is.

Jonathan: I had one of our developers mod your individual shipping. Our cart calculates and displays shipping options and pricing for each item in the cart individually and then calculates everything at the end according to what was selected. We have a "Shipping" tab in the product detail page where we select what shipping methods to display for each product.

Qphoria:So your UPS Deluxe mod uses each item's individual dimensions and weight? Or does it use the average dimension entered in the admin?

Thank you all!

Chris

Post by Qphoria » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:58 pm

gmedia01 wrote: Qphoria:So your UPS Deluxe mod uses each item's individual dimensions and weight? Or does it use the average dimension entered in the admin?
Individual... why would it do the same thing the default one does?

Administrator

Post by EnTr3Preneur06 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:34 am

Thank you so much! that helped, I was able to change it.

Do you or anyone know where I can go to rename "Pickup From Store" shipping option?

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:17 am

/catalog/language/english/shipping/pickup.php

Administrator

Post by EnTr3Preneur06 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:54 am

Johnathan wrote:/catalog/language/english/shipping/pickup.php
Thank you

Post by kevtheirish » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 am

Qphoria wrote:
gmedia01 wrote: Qphoria:So your UPS Deluxe mod uses each item's individual dimensions and weight? Or does it use the average dimension entered in the admin?
Individual... why would it do the same thing the default one does?

The current shipping module does not account for dimensions correctly.
For example, If i have 2 cogs, one is 18x18x6 weighing 5#, the other is 20x20x6 weighing 7#, usps ship mod assumes both will fit in the 20x20x6 box and weigh 12#, when realistically the smallest box it could fit in would be a 20x20x12 box (weighing 12#)

This is going to be a HUGE factor next year (ie Jan/Feb). as USPS, FedEx, and UPS are all switching to volume based shipping with the next scheduled rate increase.

Right now we ship packages that are 24x16x12 and weigh between 5-7#. Starting next year UPS/FedEx will charge us as if the package was 20-25# based on the volume, not necessarily the weight. USPS is doing similar, but I dont have the numbers available to me yet on how we are going to be charged.

Right now I was able to change the weight of my product around to account for USPS shipping to cover shipping options like Priority/Priority Express upcharges or international shipping, but next year, I wont be able to do this accurately...