Post by coolkulle » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:18 pm

hi everybody, just finished a small shop with 1.4.9.3 and wonder if someone give me a hint to solve problem (wish):
I wan't that customer gets (and see) in shop a straight price. f.e.: (with 7%) 10.- (incl. tax) and ig´f he goes to chart, he should see Sub-total: 9,30 + 7% Vat 0,70 - Total (incl. Vat: 10,00).
I couldn't find any hint to solve this ... PLEASE HELP :::::: thanks Horst

Post by mberlant » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 pm

You should be able to have this result by setting "Display Prices with Tax" to "Yes" in Admin > Settings > Option.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by coolkulle » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 am

yep, I know this function.. but the result is: Sub-total 10.- and Total (inkl. 7% VAT) 10.- but thats against German law, you have to show the sub-total WITHOUT the taxes .. you HAVE to show it in the way I mentoined (Sub-total: 9,30 + 7% Vat 0,70 - Total (incl. Vat): 10,00)

Post by mberlant » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 pm

OpenCart shows these details by default during the checkout process and also in the invoice that is emailed to the customer when the order is committed. This should satisfy the legal requirements. There are threads here that discuss being able to display both ex-VAT and incl-VAT prices on each product page. Using the Search button to look for "display vat" should reduce the number of threads you need to read through.

By the way, 9.3 ex-VAT plus 7% VAT (0.65) is only 9.95 incl-VAT, not 10.00.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by SXGuy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:39 pm

mberlant wrote:OpenCart shows these details by default during the checkout process and also in the invoice that is emailed to the customer when the order is committed. This should satisfy the legal requirements. There are threads here that discuss being able to display both ex-VAT and incl-VAT prices on each product page. Using the Search button to look for "display vat" should reduce the number of threads you need to read through.

By the way, 9.3 ex-VAT plus 7% VAT (0.65) is only 9.95 incl-VAT, not 10.00.
You know why the guy thinks its 70 and 10? because once again, he thinks you can minus 7% from gross and get the exact answer.

It continues to amaze me how people who charge vat, dont even understand how to calculate vat. The countries revenue service must love these people. Id hate to do an audit.
coolkulle wrote:(Sub-total: 9,30 + 7% Vat 0,70 - Total (incl. Vat): 10,00)

Incorrect, you have assumed that 7% of 10 is 0.7 which is not right for tax or vat.

You can not minus a percentage from the grand total to work out tax, this is wrong. tax and vat is calculated by adding 7% to the net total.

Wrong way = 10 - 7% = 9.3
Right way 9.3 + 7% = 9.951 (9.95)

if you really must use gross total to calculate tax then you should use a fraction of 7%