Post by colt1911 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:30 am

Hi -
My client needs to be able to sell physical gift cards in addition to the e-gift option.

Is there an easy way I'm just not seeing that can integrate this, or will I need to (somehow) set up a gift card product that generates a code like the e-gifts?

vs. 5.1.1

Post by colt1911 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:46 am

OK, I didn't realize the gift vouchers didn't automatically send to the customer...admin has to OK it first before anything gets sent. So to solve my problem, admin can just simply send a physical card instead of an email. Hope this helped someone else...

Post by smitch6 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:56 am

i had a similar thing on my site where someone can choose either a physical giftcard or the email option
for the physical one i added 99p to cover postage printing etc

what i did was make the actual giftcards a product but put link in the description for the email ones

www.pattestersuffolk.co.uk

Post by colt1911 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

smitch, when you created the gift card product, where you able to integrate the fields where the customer can choose how much the gift card is worth? Or did you create individual cards for say $25, $50, $100, etc.?

Post by smitch6 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:15 pm

i just made a product called birthday, wedding, Christmas etc
then put a link to the actual giftcard section

a bit crude but it works

he it is if you want to look

http://www.personalisedprinting.org.uk/ ... ry&path=89

ps i'm only just started this software so i want to get it looking right before i add too much :)
my usual store has loads of stuff in lol

www.pattestersuffolk.co.uk