Post by justinv » Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

We've just released a CloudCache CDN integration for OpenCart. It's free, and you can also get a 25% discount on their CDN service with the coupon code "opencart", or follow this link: http://cloudcache.com/opencart.

This is a pretty cool service, and you can see it in action on HostJars. We got a pretty good speed up on the delivery of our images and static files using their CDN.

Module available for free here: http://opencart.hostjars.com/opencart-cdn.

I have also created a vQmod version for it, available with the download.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by atulagarwal56 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Will this be able to handle the re-sizing of images and transferring them on the fly to the cloud? How does this work?
I am v much interested in this.

Location - India

Post by justinv » Thu May 10, 2012 3:15 am

Yes, the way cloudcache is set up all this will still happen on your server, and cloudcache will pull the images to its nodes the first time it sees a new file request, and after cache expires. They call this a pull zone.

Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by atulagarwal56 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:16 pm

That's great...Will surely give this a try. I hope having a custom theme is not an issue

Location - India

Post by justinv » Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 pm

It shouldn't be, as long as assets are stored in the appropriate places. If you have any theme related issues we'll certainly help fix them.

Post by atulagarwal56 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:30 pm

I Installed this mod after purchasing the service from cloudcache. I am not sure it works for me. Is it because I am using the page caching module mad by jaygilford?

I see that the first time when the page is rendered, the image is served by the CDN, but subsequent request for the image is not going to the cdn. I will Pm you the url to my site if that will help.

Location - India

Post by justinv » Thu May 17, 2012 7:54 am

That's cool. I think it's up and running now.

Post by budalal » Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

Hi,

I just signed up with cloudcache and installed your VQMOD. I also have Jay's caching addon. Sorry for a silly question, does it take time or should I see some activity on my cloudcache dashboard.

Thanks!

OC Ver. 1.5.1.3

Post by justinv » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:52 am

Nice one, you should see data pretty fast in your cloudcache dashboard, if everything is working well.

Post by cartpro » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 am

Any feedback from CloudCache users? I used cloudflare free version and seem to work pretty good but I got struck with SSL. I need to buy premium to handle ssl pages.

How does CloudCache handles SSL pages? Do we need to refactor the site?

Extensions: Multi-vendor extension
Shipping Modules: SuperShip Pro

Multi-Vendor Marketplace:Opencartmarketplace.com
IceCat to Opencart: Import millions of IceCat products to Opencart

Post by cartpro » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:33 am

Also, I see that these guys put the same testimonial below message for both Prestashop and Opencart. So, I am wondering if this really works.

"CloudCache has taken what used to be a complicated and costly process, and enabled the masses to serve content like pros"

Extensions: Multi-vendor extension
Shipping Modules: SuperShip Pro

Multi-Vendor Marketplace:Opencartmarketplace.com
IceCat to Opencart: Import millions of IceCat products to Opencart

Post by justinv » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:50 am

Yep, I use them for our store at http://opencart.hostjars.com. They make SSL really easy for you, just purchase a cert through them or use your own. This module will take care of the rest.

Post by rwalker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:57 am

Hi,

I am using your module. What do you put into a pull zone?

Discount Golf Clubs and Golf Equipment - Powered by Opencart

Post by LeonardBlair » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:43 pm