Post by Gobbo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

So if I revert back to the last V2 version, I can't use the V3 database.

I'd be pulling my hair out, if I had any :laugh:

Using opencart 3.0.3.2 - PHP 7.4 - Standard Template - Add to Cart Enable Disable Out of Stock Product 3.x - Export/Import Tool (V3.22) for OpenCart 3.x - Footer Social Media Link( 3.x ) v1.0

Post by by mona » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:21 pm

No you can’t
not even between different OC versions for example 3.0.3.2 and 3.0.3.5 - each version has its own files and database structure - that is why the marketplace has a compatibility section.

Well I guess you are not one of those people complaining the hairdressers is closed then !

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Gobbo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:31 pm

So is everyone's advice to delete the site and start fresh, with a clean install and not from my host.

What version would you advise to use?

Using opencart 3.0.3.2 - PHP 7.4 - Standard Template - Add to Cart Enable Disable Out of Stock Product 3.x - Export/Import Tool (V3.22) for OpenCart 3.x - Footer Social Media Link( 3.x ) v1.0

Post by by mona » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:03 pm

I like 3.0.3.2 - I believe OSWorx’s favourite in 3.0.2.0 - but anything other than 3.0.3.5 and 3.0.3.6
Check if any of this makes a difference to you - https://github.com/opencart/opencart/releases
and you download it from https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ad/history
and check the extensions purchased to check compatibility.

Your other option is to pay someone to take your old OC2 and transfer it properly, but you really should not be having these issues it will cost far more to fix than to do it properly, either way. Most important is to remember not to copy and paste the description from the net or word or any editor that adds html tags.

It just depends on the size of your site how you do it, but I suspect you would have done it by now in the time it has taken to get to this point.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by Gobbo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:36 pm

I could just do a clean install of 3.0.3.2 and use the same database.

But I may have the same problem of getting out of mantaince mode again?

Also the old V2 was deleted 😔

Post by by mona » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:51 pm

Do you not have an old backup sql from the OC2 ? Make sure you have a back up of the current one.
It is possible you corrupted something when you transferred it / it was corrupted already. Until someone takes a look into your system it is impossible to guess. Why not ask someone to take a look?

Re being locked out - its very possible - but with a new install you can also ask someone to transfer the tables from the back up you need to do now - you wan to keep your customers / orders / products and related tables (you can do it yourself but its complicated for you and it is not such a big job and at least it will be done right)

Which ever way you go around it, you are having too many problems and a professional will save you a lot of headache and you probably should have done that quite some time ago.

Just as a final thought on the layout issue - and with the possibility of a corrupted table .. you might only need to re-install the routes and layouts tables .. so it really is worth asking for commercial support -

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by Gobbo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 pm

So who can have a look at my database, to see if it's corrupted?

Post by by mona » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 pm

What you would do is post in the linked forum below .. and lots of people will PM you
viewforum.php?f=88
I believe I have already suggested a few people you can PM.

If you know how to do a backup you can PM it to me and I will take a QUICK look, but I will not check your whole db. This really does go beyond free support.
There are quite a few tables that can be route / layout connected, but not customers / orders or any of those that you might want to remove.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by Gobbo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Thanks, I've just looked at the database and the product fields are empty, which is weird as I have a few products in there.

This is also weird, I've just found products in the database which are from the V2 install.

Think I may of gave V3 access to the V2 database.

My funds have dried up and I can't afford to pay anyone :(