Post by Tcalp » Tue May 01, 2012 2:28 am

Increase Page Speed - Minify, Compress, Combine, Cache Javascript And CSS Scripts

Availalbe on the OpenCart Markplace Here

If your looking to increase the speed of your store, this is a must have module for Open Cart. This module will minify, combine, compress, and cache all of your css & javascript files into two requests (one for css, one for javascript). From testing the default installations home page this module reduces bandwidth used for your home page, css, and javascript by 75.72% (from 409KB to 109KB!!). It also reduces the number of related requests from 14 to 3.

The benefit of this is immediately apparent, imagine having to place 14 phone calls and be on the phone for 4 minutes and 9 seconds, plus the time it took you to place those 14 calls - versus making 3 phone calls and being on the phone for 1 minute and 9 seconds.

This also falls in alignment with Google's best practices for page speed, which increase your SEO ( Search Engine Ranking ).

FEATURES:
~ Scans and combines CSS files in your templates header (excludes browser specific compatibility files).
~ Scans and combines JS files in your templates header (excludes browser specific compatibility files).
~ Additionally includes scripts are requested through modifications from the script include / style include.
~ CSS & JavaScript are served as a single request (one for each) reducing the amount of time taking to load the page
~ CSS & JavasSript files are minified (removing blank spaces), compressed (zip), and the combined file is then cached on your server so it can be quickly re-served.
~ The caching system stores both a compressed, and uncompressed version of the combined files so that browsers which don't support compression can still receive an increased speed from a combined file.
~ Easily enable/disable the script from your stores settings panel.
~ Includes an additional optimization tip to remove an additional ~100KB of bandwidth from default open cart template (via image optimizations which are included with this package), this will help to further increase your page speed score in the eyes of Google.
~ Includes instructions on how to optimize your .htaccess file to further increase page speed and your page speed rank.
ips-screen1.jpg

ips-screen1.jpg (178.83 KiB) Viewed 8481 times

Availalbe on the OpenCart Markplace Here

Check Out The Online Demo
You can view a demo of this extension and JAY6360's Page Cache in action together here:
http://www.hunterbm.com/oc/1521/

The above site is running my script along with JAY6360's page cache module which can be purchased here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3477

I feel that both extensions are essential in providing a lightning speed web site. The other module that I am referencing enacts a completely different method of increasing performance from Open Cart, when the two are combined together it products a fantastically speedy result. The demo site above is hosted on Host Gator budget hosting which can be horribly slow during the daytime (no VPS or Dedicated Server ~~ minimal hardware).

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by Tcalp » Tue May 01, 2012 2:45 am

*RESERVED*

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by skyer2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Does your script run every time a page is loaded? Or does it run only once then cache its own results?

Post by martinvega » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 am

I have seen the demo site, and i found a big problem.
When the module join the js and css files, it takes all the css and js files used at the moment of the page is loaded. It's ok, but the number of files is variable, and it depends of the modules that are loaded in this page. for example, (default) in the home page are loaded the css and js files for the jcarrousel, only in the home page.
Then, when yout go to the home page of opencart, your browser download two bigs files css and js (this ok), buy, when you go to the next page, this files are diferent and the browser cache doesn't know this, and it download two new big files again.
This situation is worst than not use any acelerate module.

Post by 29palms » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:17 pm

How can I disinstall it? Is there any guide to do it?
I want see if this extension cause a bug on my opencart

Post by mgraph » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi,
I have issue when clearing cache I get Internal error 500, because there is too many files to remove, is there any way to improve cache clear and avoid internal error 500

Thanks

Post by kyuss » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:48 am

When I turn any minify on, I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

Warning: require_once(base32.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_minify.php on line 9

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'base32.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php53/lib/php') in /home/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_minify.php on line 9
The file in question does exist on the server at "system/library/base32.php"

I think my SEO URL's mod is using PHP5.3 for their Zend ioncube DRM stuff, but I don't understand why that would interfere with a file that's local to the opencart folder? Not to mention, they used to work fine together.

I updated VQMod recently (and the IPS 4.3 mod), can someone suggest the source of the problem here?

Post by madayyani » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Hello friend

i need your help on website , i was worry about my opencart website i.e http://www.payless.pk speed . well i thought some sever problem there then i contact them they install APC server and suggest APC extension named APC Cache Performance modifications but still my site is slow , then i search on google then got to know about ur extension, kindly tell me it will work or not so i can buy it

Reply soon