Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:49 pm

danielb123 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:43 pm
Journal 3 keep opencart relevant... Ps. yes it have a complicate administration but it worth every minute... there is no other theme to chose maybe another 1-2 themes...
facepalm-picard.gif

hopeless - facepalm-picard.gif (2.58 MiB) Viewed 14419 times

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by danielb123 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:43 am

Okkk.... what is the best theme that do you think it exist today ?
and why not journal theme ?

ps. i don`t care is hard for you to make extensions compatible for journal, or maybe you those who hate the journal theme is because you don`t sell you your own themes ;) for me journal theme is loading very fast, i have 100% design control, only thing is weird administration panel but i can live with that ;), and those who are not capabile to administrate it, your problem...

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:49 pm
danielb123 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:43 pm
Journal 3 keep opencart relevant... Ps. yes it have a complicate administration but it worth every minute... there is no other theme to chose maybe another 1-2 themes...
facepalm-picard.gif

Post by qwerty95 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi!
It is possible to remove this button within Journal theme? i tried to uncommented the line in the twig file
class="btn btn-primary"
the URL https://ternstedt.itgubbens.se/index.ph ... ount/login

Attachments

Skärmavbild 2020-07-23 kl. 21.26.27.png

Skärmavbild 2020-07-23 kl. 21.26.27.png (263.35 KiB) Viewed 13376 times

Post by johnp » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:19 pm

I think it could be time for the Journal developers to start paying the pros, devs and mods on here on here compensation for the pain and suffering. Lol. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:28 pm

qwerty95 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:43 pm
Hi!
It is possible to remove this button within Journal theme? i tried to uncommented the line in the twig file
class="btn btn-primary"
the URL https://ternstedt.itgubbens.se/index.ph ... ount/login
Please contact Journal support for Journal-related issues! This is an OpenCart forum.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Burt65 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:27 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:28 pm
Please contact Journal support for Journal-related issues! This is an OpenCart forum.
I don't think that is the correct link..

Try this one:

Please contact Journal support for Journal-related issues

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:21 pm

@Burt65: Yes, you are right, thank you for the correct link.

Guru Member

Post by shelomitsky2011 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 am

Be insulted or banish. Do whatever you want with me. But I have a feeling that many on this forum forget why the forums were created. Toxicity, unwillingness to help, they (forums) are now being destroyed. If you don't want to help the users of "journal 3", you don't need to. But even if a person from poor Belarus where the cost of "journal 3" is quite a specific luxury, and he can not afford it at the start of the project, and uses a pirated version? I would have helped. But I won't make it. You will expel it with your toxicity.
My broken English, please forgive me.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:11 pm

shelomitsky2011 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 am
Be insulted or banish. Do whatever you want with me. But I have a feeling that many on this forum forget why the forums were created. Toxicity, unwillingness to help, they (forums) are now being destroyed. If you don't want to help the users of "journal 3", you don't need to. But even if a person from poor Belarus where the cost of "journal 3" is quite a specific luxury, and he can not afford it at the start of the project, and uses a pirated version? I would have helped. But I won't make it. You will expel it with your toxicity.
My broken English, please forgive me.
Then, the toxicity and unwillingness to help definition as you claim are on the wrong side of the medal. Journal has nothing to do with opencart.com as it is unsupported on the forum. While the many on this forum that may have forgotten or remembered still has its point in there, one thing is for sure, while I keep troubleshooting on an everyday basis, I haven't forgotten why it has been created since, regardless how unwilling people may believe forum supporters not to provide assistance as people may believe, I definitely believe one needs to review the mount of postings that lacks the following of the forum rules at 99% of the time on the forum. Despite the people's complaint regarding Journal, there are incomparable levels where people won't follow and, that being as the most fundamental information, such as the OC version.

Therefore, if your message has its objective to address the people and for your readers to have a general understanding based on the ways troubleshooting is handled on the forum, then I would definitely focus on the topics where, pretty much 1% level rate, really provides their OC version on first sight, regardless if it originates from new or from regular forum user accounts. Once you will be able to realize that, only then should you talk about toxicity and unwillingness.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MaxD » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:53 pm

Surprised to read that, really.
When you do extensions for Opencart, it's strange not to make them compatible with most used theme. You are simply loosing money.

So, the question is, which Opencart theme is most used? (except default one, which hasn't changed for 6 years already and looks too poor to be used in real shop)

Post by thekrotek » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:08 pm

MaxD wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:53 pm
When you do extensions for Opencart, it's strange not to make them compatible with most used theme. You are simply loosing money.
Actually, it's quite the opposite, because you charge for making them compatible with "most used them". So you EARN money, not loose them.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:38 pm

MaxD wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:53 pm

So, the question is, which Opencart theme is most used? (except default one, which hasn't changed for 6 years already and looks too poor to be used in real shop)
Simple. That's because of the customizations also being done on those used themes where programmers cannot expect to be aware of without buyers to mention them in the first place since, 99% of the time, it's a case-by-case situation being faced when putting an extension on the market.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Actually, developing an extension for the Journal3 framework, which is not the same as the OpenCart framework, contrary to what what some Journal users believe, usually is a money-loosing exercise. It's simply not worth the time and energy to get involved in all the bugfixes needed simply to adjust an extension to the Journal framework. The OpenCart marketplace is way bigger than the one for the Journal ecommerce framework. Two different things here.

Guru Member