Post by Olaf » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:58 pm

I'm looking for the best cache / caching extension for OpenCart 3.0.2.0 in combination with theme Journal 3 (Google Lighthouse V5)

I would like to receive tips / experiences / advice in this area.

Thanks in advance for sharing the information.

Post by khnaz35 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Olaf wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:58 pm
I'm looking for the best cache / caching extension for OpenCart 3.0.2.0 in combination with theme Journal 3 (Google Lighthouse V5)

Try nitropack.io

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by CaptainHaddock » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:13 am

Hi,
I suggest as first step you try the caching provided in Journal. It's in settings/system and performance.
I have several other caching extensions over the years on my oc1.5.5 store. No luck with them.
Haven't tried Nitro pack.
Cheers

Olaf wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by victorj » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 am

Use journal build in cache, do not combine this with nitro cache, its prone for problems.
If your site is stil slow it is a hosting problem, if your site has a lot of visitors consider migrating to dedicated hosting.
Remember a journal driven site will never be as fast as a site without journal, as journal creates a lot of overhead.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by Naheed » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi,
I will suggest to give a try to NitroPack Cache extension

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:52 pm

victorj wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 am
Use journal build in cache, do not combine this with nitro cache, its prone for problems.
If your site is stil slow it is a hosting problem, if your site has a lot of visitors consider migrating to dedicated hosting.
Remember a journal driven site will never be as fast as a site without journal, as journal creates a lot of overhead.
Sorry i might not be agreed only on this one of my site i am using Journal3 with OC 2.3.0.2 and with nitropack cache extension you can see the results here
https://prnt.sc/u8w11s.
Anyway its not only about building the cache of site, its also take time and knowledge to modify the code as per need , adjusting the server setting, making changes in .htaccess etc etc.
Here on the forum their are some Pro user @IP_CAM, @Strightlight @XXVIRUSXX @letxobnav etc etc, (for those guys/girls i didn't mentioned don't try to kill me ;) ) who's always willing to help to others too these people share their extensive knowledge to make it smooth around.

Location - Malaysia

Post by businessfan » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:18 pm

I'm also a big fan of the NitroPack Cache extension - give it a try :-)

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 pm

businessfan wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:18 pm
I'm also a big fan of the NitroPack Cache extension - give it a try :-)
:D

Location - Malaysia

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:31 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:52 pm
Sorry i might not be agreed only on this one of my site i am using Journal3 with OC 2.3.0.2 and with nitropack cache extension you can see the results here
Well, something must have been changed since, it dropped quite a bit, as it looks:

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by thekrotek » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:12 am

No, no, no, everything but NitroPack. I highly recommend to AVOID this extension.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:18 am

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:12 am
No, no, no, everything but NitroPack. I highly recommend to AVOID this extension.
Sure dear,
What is the alternative you would suggest then?

Location - Malaysia

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:19 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:31 am
khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:52 pm
Well, something must have been changed since,
Thanks for pointing it i will look into it. :)

Location - Malaysia

Post by letxobnav » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:00 pm

External additional cache modules are great for CMS, if you require one for your ecommerce site to get a simple page request to perform or boost your first page lighthouse or GTmetrix score however, your site is already doomed.

Those caches should be used if you have a properly setup and performing site but cannot cope with a high number of concurrent users, otherwise they are just a band-aid/quickfix for poorly setup websites and with band-aids/quickfixes come many complications.
This apart from the fact that OC (as most ecommerce sites) is inherently unsuited for that type of (semi) page caching.

But go ahead and try and see what the percentage of misses/hits are and when you get a hit, how many extensions stop functioning or are starting to behave strangely.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by khnaz35 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:17 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:31 am
Well, something must have been changed since, it dropped quite a bit, as it looks:
Might be something but upon checking now it shows
https://prnt.sc/ufadnu

Location - Malaysia

Post by chongshengdz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:41 am

how many products do you have ?
if less than 100K, just do some optimization, that would be enough.
better not to use browser cache, because your website is an e-commerce site, not a CMS, all data must be up-to-date.

Electronic Components: integrated circuits, ic, semiconductors, transistors, thyristors, fuses, resistors, diodes, capacitors & more.
buy & sell transistors & mosfet

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:47 am

Well, I really don't know Journal, but if that's all, it delievers, by use of NitroPack,
then better remove NitroPack, to most likely end up with much better results. ;)
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by danielb123 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm

For me the best cache extension is Lighting Cache, working from first time and you see by eye speed improve, and google pagespeed 100 score (Desktop) Ps. You have a 7 days trial to see yourself. PS. Not scores are most important, you can have good score and bad response loading first page, and bad loading when you surf products or categories.

Post by deepvyas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:02 pm

Agree to @Daniel comments and have figured that Lighting Cache really works very and observed were homepage had just quite many images for posters

Expert Opencart Developer & Designer | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com

Post by thekrotek » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:18 pm

danielb123 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm
For me the best cache extension is Lighting Cache, working from first time and you see by eye speed improve, and google pagespeed 100 score (Desktop) Ps. You have a 7 days trial to see yourself. PS. Not scores are most important, you can have good score and bad response loading first page, and bad loading when you surf products or categories.
Lightning Cache messes with the system SO MUCH that it creates lots of compatibility issues and sometimes makes things worse. Seen it working on lots of stores and had to remove it eventually to make the system stable. So no, Lightning Cache definitely is NOT recommended.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member