Post by LorenaUY » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:15 am

Hello!!
I tell you the problem I have ... I can't solve it.

I have OC 3.0.3.3 and Journal 2 + Xshipping and MercadoPago.
Everything works flawless. Site is ok!.

I go to Mysql and do full backup of the database.
I backup everything from the hosting

Once everything is downloaded ..

In xampp I create new database ... import the backed up database.
After unzipping the files ... and modifying the root and admin config.php, I correct the paths.

When viewing the site, you can see everything I had online, but incorrectly adjusted ... I don't know how to explain it, everything I had online can be seen ... but badly, as if it lacked format. Eg "Featured" products, images out of dimension..and misaligned text..all wrong.

I cleared the cache manually from root/journal-cache, root/images/cache and root/system/storage/cache

Now I really have doubts that having everything backed up ... it really works in the worst case scenario.

PS: From Admin everything looks perfect and nowhere is there an error message ...

Is there anything else i need to clean? something else i need to adjust?

Journal support says is not theme related.

I do this twice in xampp and once in another online site (to test) and the same thing happens, both locally with xampp and online.
Last edited by LorenaUY on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 am

Everything is there except the theme elements ..

Formatting as you put it, is the styling that comes from the stylesheet and the theme .. so the issue is probably not only to do with Journal, but it has intensionally been put in by Journal as a security measure for their products.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by LorenaUY » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:07 am

by mona wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 am
Everything is there except the theme elements ..

Formatting as you put it, is the styling that comes from the stylesheet and the theme .. so the issue is probably not only to do with Journal, but it has intensionally been put in by Journal as a security measure for their products.
Thank you very much!!!
I don't know what to do!!

Post by by mona » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:22 am

Have you checked if you can edit the Journal settings in admin on your new site?
Is it possible that your modification folder is outside of public_html and you forgot that?

I have, on many occasions had to get customers sites back up using back ups - it works

Moreover, since this is the third post today asking the same question.
If you want a mirror site to play around with a better way to do it is to install the same OC version on a new site and install the modules you purchased. Why anyone would want to copy and paste the files when the process is so quick from scratch is beyond me. Especially as all three posts today it isn’t working as expected. I would also like to point out the obvious, copying customer data is not what you should be doing.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:26 pm

LorenaUY wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:15 am
Hello!!
I tell you the problem I have ... I can't solve it.
Sounds like you should pay a developer from the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by LorenaUY » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Online PHP 7.0.15.
Xampp PHP 7.4

At the moment I downloaded xampp 7.0..install again..site works perfect.

Problem was a matter of PHP version.
Same versions all ok.

Solved!.