Post by avsrthe » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi all
I am using Opencart 3.0.3.6 and Journal theme 3.1.5.
I have custom field " Mobile number" with regex validation. I tried the fix mentioned here with github links for customer.php, payment. php and shipping.php.
But when trying to edit order status in control panel, it pops up with "error". I reverted to original files. It throws the existing error " Mobile required " even though value is filled in. I disabled regex validation for testing. Yet not working. Can't
edit order in admin panel. Please help.
Thanks and regards
avsrthe
---
PS: Commercial Theme Request, moved into the commercial Sections.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 am

Unsupported.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:02 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 am
Unsupported.
Irrelevant.
The problem is 3.0.3.6 because of custom_field bug....

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:02 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 am
Unsupported.
Irrelevant.
The problem is 3.0.3.6 because of custom_field bug....
It cannot be irrelevant until proven-fact by OP report that this was actually the case. For now, this is just assumption to believe it's linked to a custom field bug nevertheless.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by buettner21m » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 am

I have also encountered this problem. Same version 3.0.3.6 with NONE additional extensions installed (OC out of the box).
Added custom field "Company name" | sort order = 0 | type = text(no validation).
So I have a customer group who is associated to this custom field. When one of this customer has done a order (which works fine), I tried to edit that order with no luck. The custom field "Company name" is empty and when I enter som text it becomes flagged "Company name required!".
Tried as well to modify the Custom Field - Sort Order with a few other values (0..5) but also that don't helps.

Someone who know what's to do?

Regards
Marco

Location - Sweden

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 am

buettner21m wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:47 am
I have also encountered this problem. Same version 3.0.3.6 with NONE additional extensions installed (OC out of the box).
Added custom field "Company name" | sort order = 0 | type = text(no validation).
So I have a customer group who is associated to this custom field. When one of this customer has done a order (which works fine), I tried to edit that order with no luck. The custom field "Company name" is empty and when I enter som text it becomes flagged "Company name required!".
Tried as well to modify the Custom Field - Sort Order with a few other values (0..5) but also that don't helps.

Someone who know what's to do?
Since this issue is actually about custom fields, I would suggest to, either, integrate the custom fields fix from the master branch or to download an extension from the Marketplace. This is a known issue regarding the REGEXP validations with custom fields where they've all been fixed on the master's.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by avsrthe » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:54 pm

Hi all
Thanks to all of you for having discussed the issue, though the issue remains as it is in opencart 3.0.3.7 also. It is working with fresh opencart 3.0.3.7 installation after immediately replacing customer.php, payment. php and shipping.php. with the respective fixed files downloaded from Github. This must have been fixed in version3.0.3.7 by default but not...
Regards
avsrthe

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:29 pm

avsrthe wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:54 pm
Hi all
Thanks to all of you for having discussed the issue, though the issue remains as it is in opencart 3.0.3.7 also. It is working with fresh opencart 3.0.3.7 installation after immediately replacing customer.php, payment. php and shipping.php. with the respective fixed files downloaded from Github. This must have been fixed in version3.0.3.7 by default but not...
Regards
avsrthe
Correct since the v3.0.3.7 release has been congratulated on Github to an individual where these bug-fixes on Github did not reflected on the v3.0.3.7 in Opencart.com but rather distributed as a stand-alone version that contains aside bug-fixes instead.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON