Post by extrasam » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi,
My question is is it possible to integrate opencart with Moodle (LMS) to be able to sell online courses online ?

My second question is: how do i use opencart to sell a course that i have posted on my website with a link ?
in other words. i would like people to pay first and then they get an email with the course link.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Post by johnflah » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi, did you ever manage to get this resolved? I am looking to do something similar and was wondering how you got on?

Post by sandraolt » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 am

Several years ago I integrated Moodle with another php shopping cart. I will be working on ways to do that for my company over the next week or so. Please let me know if you would like me to share what I find...

Sandra King.

Post by butte » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:39 am

A customer needs plastic money to get through OC, where mail can be arranged, and needs user/pass credentials to get into Moodle, where what goes on is scarcely merely prepaid downloading. Meanwhile, OC and Moodle do not need each other and cannot both function as the full root's primary index file. Put them in their own directories, not either inside the other. Crosslink them.

Guru Member

Post by pbalasa » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:13 pm

I have developed a custom Elearning extension for Opencart allowing courses to be sold and they are only available in the Elearning panel if the user has bought them. You can also add tests.

This is not an implementation using an existing LMS.

It requirest custom installation in the Opencart platform and the cost is $320. It will also be available in the Opencart extension store in 2 months.

If you are interested please let me know. I also have a demo available.

Post by sandraolt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:21 am

butte wrote:A customer needs plastic money to get through OC, where mail can be arranged, and needs user/pass credentials to get into Moodle, where what goes on is scarcely merely prepaid downloading. Meanwhile, OC and Moodle do not need each other and cannot both function as the full root's primary index file. Put them in their own directories, not either inside the other. Crosslink them.
We are already maintaining Moodle, OpenCart, and our current functional but less user-friendly shopping cart in separate folders. Our idea is to have people who purchase courses in OpenCart automatically and instantly receive access to those courses in Moodle. We do that with our old program (and a custom script) and also send them welcome messages which we edit using Dataface.

Here is what I am planning - unless someone has a better idea:
Add 2 fields to the shipping information in the order table so that we can capture a unique shipto email and password (for Moodle) for each order,- knowing that this will break future upgrades.

I have also been tasked with making it so that all students who have ever registered in any course can log in (with their Moodle username and password) and purchase additional courses. This means that for every new order I will need to check and see if the shipping info already exists in the customer table and if not do an insert insert (creating a new customer) and probably also check (whenever someone attempts to log in with a non-OpenCart username) to see if that person has a Moodle account, and if so grab their Moodle info and insert into the customer table.

Then, I can either modify a script I already created to insert this information into Moodle, or use one of two options already in Moodle to gather the information. For myself I will probably modify the custom script, because the existing Moodle scripts don't allow for groups.

Post by butte » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 am

There are at least a couple of ready ways to mitigate "knowing that this will break future upgrades," widely used vqmod and the newer [override] engine, which refrain from rewriting core while substituting for core on the fly, by way of an extension for OC itself. That approach would afford you some resistance to, and some flexibility to adapt to, version changes in OC. There are two versions of vqmod, one expressly for OC, and one general. The same approach could consequently be taken to Moodle according to "whose" script(s) between them (OC, Moodle) will be doing what.

Guru Member

Post by Marre » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 am

pbalasa wrote:I have developed a custom Elearning extension for Opencart allowing courses to be sold and they are only available in the Elearning panel if the user has bought them. You can also add tests.

This is not an implementation using an existing LMS.

It requirest custom installation in the Opencart platform and the cost is $320. It will also be available in the Opencart extension store in 2 months.

If you are interested please let me know. I also have a demo available.
Hi! I am interested in see and hear more about your solution. Have you released any extension yet?

Post by chrisranjana.com » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:24 pm

extrasam wrote:Hi,
My question is is it possible to integrate opencart with Moodle (LMS) to be able to sell online courses online ?
Yes it is possible.

extrasam wrote: My second question is: how do i use opencart to sell a course that i have posted on my website with a link ?
in other words. i would like people to pay first and then they get an email with the course link.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
John
Yes once a user pays for a course in opencart and completes the process, a new moodle user can be created automatically and added to the respective course and the course link can be sent in the email to the user.

Chris, Opencart Developers and Programmers,
Opencart Developers Opencart Programmers
https://www.chrisranjana.com

Location - chennai, India

Post by sandraolt » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:14 am

I have been running an integration between Opencart 1.5+ and Moodle 2.0.10 since last November with no problems. I modified the files in Opencart as needed to create fields I wanted in Moodle (in our case an Opencart customer may or may not be the Moodle student). In Moodle I am using Database management for enrollments and authorizations to sync students with opencart orders.

We are upgrading our servers and I am in the process of creating a vqmod for Opencart 2.0.3.1, and once I get it done it should work with any newer version of Moodle with the Database enrollments and authorizations again.

Sandra