Post by qweezz » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:06 am

Hi

Its not clear how to use new Opencart 4 feature Variant Product. Can you explain it?

Actually what I expected:
1) I created master product.
2) Then I create Variant Product based on master product.
3) When I open master product then I will see its varinats and can click on them. And otherwise: if I open variant product then I can see master product. Expected that it will look like options but with the ablity to open variant product and see other price/photos/additional info etc. But Variant Products looks like it standalone products and they don't connected between each other.

Post by Sokonomi » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:39 pm

Im trying to figure this out as well. How does one make a product variant?

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:11 pm

A variant product is pretty much an independent product, except it takes it field values from the master product, unless you have overridden certain fields. Simple concept, though in practice I don't see much of a usefulness for it. Personally, I'd create a genuine copy of an existing product and then modify it as needed.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by crissyb » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:58 am

And does the main product carry the main canonical link? For example, if we split a product from the main product, does that product show the canonical to the main?

Are we telling Google to ignore the variants? The SEO weight should be pointed to the main ?

I sell a product that is a supplement, for example, LIONS MANE Capsules. This product has Capsules in 30, 60 and 120. Would it be better to use the options with a drop-down box, or would the new variant work just as good

Location - Middlesbrough UK

Post by johnpaulhrp » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:21 pm

qweezz wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:06 am
Hi

Its not clear how to use new Opencart 4 feature Variant Product. Can you explain it?

Actually what I expected:
1) I created master product.
2) Then I create Variant Product based on master product.
3) When I open master product then I will see its varinats and can click on them. fabrics zameen prices in Pakistan And otherwise: if I open variant product then I can see master product. Expected that it will look like options but with the ablity to open variant product and see other price/photos/additional info etc. But Variant Products looks like it standalone products and they don't connected between each other.
You have to use the variant product category to show otherwise you will see only the master product.

Post by xpeche » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:06 pm

Does anybody know how to display the list of all product variants on the product page? Thanks.

Pêche à la ligne