Post by scanreg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:59 pm

under a point system, the customer accumulates points based on purchases and can use those points at any time, and there is no cost to accumulating the points and no special membership fee, the point system applies to all customers by default

under a price club system, the customer pays to join the club, and then discounted pricing is presented to the customer

by having a points system by default, would customers also be interested in a paid price club?

what's your experience?

in other words, should you have one or the other, but not both?

if just one, which do you find is better for customer loyalty, overall sales, etc?

thanks

Post by digitalhelper » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:30 am

Good Evening,

In my view unless I regularly shopped at a company I would not paid into a "Discount Club" Unless the "Discount Club" is going to pay for itself within 1 / 2 purchases. As there would be no reason to.

I would do a point system until you have a regular customer base pr the "Discount Club" could pay for itself within 1 /2 purchases.

Just my two cents.

Post by scanreg » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:26 pm

thanks

i want to offer the price club throughout the site but also in the shopping cart so customer can add it and then magically see their club pricing appear for checkout, the price club item line could be a kind of default line in the checkout, if customer then logs in and is already a club member, then their club pricing is displayed and the join-club line is removed automatically, the cart detects membership and then hides/displays the club membership option in the cart

meaning, if you add the price club membership to your shopping cart, along with your items, then your cart items get converted to club pricing at checkout, but if you uncheck club membership before checking out, then your items revert to standard pricing at checkout, but after you login if you are a member then club pricing is displayed and no join-club cart line is displayed, in other words, the extension would always know whether to display club pricing and the join-club row in the cart

this way, customer does not need to first join the price club, to then start a second cart

rather, club membership and club pricing and purchasing items could all be done in one cart, making it much easier for customer to join club right away and start seeing savings right away