Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:54 am

Admin Ajax AutoSave

What does it do:
================
Adds the feature of Auto-Saving each admin field separately as they are changed, instead of using the "Save" button.
This is intended to lower the risk of data loss and error from trying too post too much data when saving certain pages.
For example, sometimes when you have a lot of product options assigned to a product and try to save, it doesn't save them all or shows an error.
This happens because your server ran out of memory trying to save the entire page.
This mod lets you save each field (or related group of fields) individually as they are changed so less data is being saved at any one time.

Requirements:
==============
* You will need to have the latest vQmod engine installed (http://vQmod.com)

Main features:
==============
* Instantly saves upon input change. Select/Radio choice, checkbox check, textbox/textarea blur, etc.
* Supports most custom mods that save to one of the supported core tables as well because generic methods of saving are used
* Simple vQmod script plug and play. No files to edit or overwrite.
* Currently works on the following pages:
* System -> Settings (Main store)
* Catalog -> Product Edit
* More to come....
* Does not remove or break the main "Save" button so you can still use that if you prefer
* Option to disable the ajax saving feature with a single checkbox at the top
DOWNLOAD

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Great mod -- I've actually added this functionality into the new extensions that I'm working on, so it looks like great minds think alike. ;D

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:08 am

tacobandito wrote:Not to say anything negative about you - but HOW DID NO ONE THINK OF THIS BEFORE?!?
I thought the same thing... To be honest when I first thought of it, I thought it would be super complex. Then I rethought about it and thought I figured a way to make it easy. But then half way through making it I realized it was indeed pretty complex because of all the db tables that are combined to make the product edit.

It was no easy feat... some extreme creativity was done to make it work for certain fields like checkboxes and dynamic lists from autocomplete.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:09 am

Johnathan wrote:Great mod -- I've actually added this functionality into the new extensions that I'm working on, so it looks like great minds think alike. ;D
;D I too was adding it to my new Options mod then thought... with all the new fields I am adding people will have a hell of a time with saving. So then I figured maybe I can just do one for the whole product page instead. :flex:

Administrator

Post by topy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello @qphoria . That this would save even if i added some text in editor ( ckeditor 4.3.4 )and staying whire 5-10 minute and add more text?