Post by Resepu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello,

I'm using 1.5.5.2 version. I use featured products in homepage. I wanted to show random featured products.
It's a VQMOD. It works well but sometimes I see blank, empty products there.

You can see it in the attached image.

I tried to delete products with "closed" status. But there are still blank-empty products showing up.

Attachments

empty products.PNG

empty products.PNG (848 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Welcome to the Opencart forum. This topic will be moved to the VQMods section of the forum.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Resepu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:19 pm

My VQMOD file is as following:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<modification>
  <id>Random Featured Products</id>
  <version>1.0.0</version>
  <vqmver>2.4.0</vqmver>
  <author>RamonSC</author>
  <file name="catalog/controller/module/featured.php">
    <operation error="skip"><!-- v1.5.x -->
      <search position="after">
        <![CDATA[$products = explode(',', $this->config->get('featured_product'));]]>
      </search>
      <add>
        <![CDATA[srand((float)microtime() * 1000000);
          shuffle($products);]]>
      </add>
    </operation>
  </file>
</modification>

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Resepu wrote:My VQMOD file is as following:

<modification>
  <version>1.0.0</version>
  <vqmver>2.4.0</vqmver>
  <author>RamonSC</author>
      </search>
      <add>
          shuffle($products);]]>
      </add>
    </operation>
  </file>
</modification>
Are all of the selected products from the featured module on the admin-end all contains images or some contains empty images inclusively?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Resepu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:38 pm

straightlight wrote:
Resepu wrote:My VQMOD file is as following:

<modification>
  <version>1.0.0</version>
  <vqmver>2.4.0</vqmver>
  <author>RamonSC</author>
      </search>
      <add>
          shuffle($products);]]>
      </add>
    </operation>
  </file>
</modification>
Are all of the selected products from the featured module on the admin-end all contains images or some contains empty images inclusively?
Actually there are almost a hundred featured products. It's very hard for me to look every one of them. But I don't think there is any empty image. I'm using a "admin_quickly_add_featured" VQMOD. I chose featured products by clicking these stars. You can see in the attached image.

Attachments

quick.PNG

quick.PNG (71.02 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Compare a selected product from the admin featured module with the same product that you'd see on the store-front end. One thing I do dislike about comparing is when products are being showed in shuffle mode. It hardens the troubleshooting a bit as it could require a bit more patience to find the source of the problem even though it may be ideal to show random products on the store-front end.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Resepu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:55 pm

straightlight wrote:Compare a selected product from the admin featured module with the same product that you'd see on the store-front end. One thing I do dislike about comparing is when products are being showed in shuffle mode. It hardens the troubleshooting a bit as it could require a bit more patience to find the source of the problem even though it may be ideal to show random products on the store-front end.
I can consider using any other extension if you can recommend any.
What I really want is to show randomly the products that I chose.

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Resepu wrote:
straightlight wrote:Compare a selected product from the admin featured module with the same product that you'd see on the store-front end. One thing I do dislike about comparing is when products are being showed in shuffle mode. It hardens the troubleshooting a bit as it could require a bit more patience to find the source of the problem even though it may be ideal to show random products on the store-front end.
I can consider using any other extension if you can recommend any.
What I really want is to show randomly the products that I chose.
No problem Resepu. Followed are suggestions you could look into: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... rch=random products :)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON