Happy to report the release of an update to my previous ActiveDirectory-compliant plugin. The latest version handles ldap authentication generically, and has been tested with both OpenLDAP and Microsoft ActiveDirectory.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=25443
What does it do:
This plugin extends opencart to allow for integration with any LDAP-compliant authentication server, such as OpenLDAP and Microsoft ActiveDirectory, for authentication purposes. It provides settings on the default store's admin section to enable/disable authentication with OpenLDAP/ActiveDirectory, and also, if enabled specify the ldap URL to the OpenLDAP/ActiveDirectory installation.
The plugin assumes that the user has been registered and has a customer profile on the opencart store and shares the same email address as what is configured in OpenLDAP/AD.
Assuming the authentication is enabled, when the user tries to log in this plugin will try to authenticate the credentials against the OpenLDAP/AD configured and if successful will allow the user to log in as normal.
If however the authentication fails against OpenLDAP/AD the user will not be able to log in.
This plugin is compatible with opencart 1.5.x.x and 2.x.x.x, and has been tested with Microsoft ActiveDirectory and OpenLDAP.
The plugin, if enabled, relies on two settings:
- LDAP Server URL - for example, ldap://myserver:389
- LDAP Bind String - the Bind string that must be used. The email address provided by the user will be a part of the bind string, and represented by a special [EMAIL_ADDRESS] placeholder, for example: cn=[EMAIL_ADDRESS],ou=users,dc=test,dc=com
The following php library/module must be installed for this plugin to work:
- Unzip and upload the "vqmod" folder to the root of your OpenCart install. No files are overwritten and it's required to have vqmod installed.
- ZIP version 1.x.x.x is intended for Opencart Version v1 (126.96.36.199 or greater)
- ZIP version 2.x.x.x is intended for Opencart Version v2 (188.8.131.52 or greater)
- 184.108.40.206 - Added support for bind strings, and also ported the plugin to version 2 of opencart
- 220.127.116.11 - initial version