Post by Magic Toolbox » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Zoom into your product images with Magic Zoom™ and Magic Zoom Plus™.

Used by Sony, Debenhams, WalMart, Tesco and other global retailers, these OpenCart addons let you add powerful effects to your images.

Magic Zoom™ is a beautiful effect to zoom images on hover and reveal incredible detail.

www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoom/modules/opencart/

Magic Zoom Plus™ will zoom into images on hover and will also enlarge them to the full screen on click.

www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoomplus/modules/opencart/

Download the free trial of the OpenCart modules for your OpenCart site.

This official thread is for news announcements and questions related to features of Magic Zoom™ and Magic Zoom Plus™ addons for OpenCart.

For technical support, please contact our support team:

www.magictoolbox.com/contact/

Thanks,

Magic Toolbox

Location - London, UK

Post by Magic Toolbox » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:15 pm

We've released two new OpenCart modules to support OpenCart v1.5.2.1. You can use them on your product, category, home page and more. The new mods also support "vQmod".

Location - London, UK

Post by JonathanR » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi

I am running OpenCart 1.5.1.3 and have installed your demo but as soon as I enable the module in admin the layout of the store is broken and the product information drops to the bottom of the page and not next to the left column as I want. Any ideas? I know it is Sunday, which is why I am posting here as I hope there may be more chance of a reply today!

Jonathan

Post by Magic Toolbox » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 pm

JonathanR wrote:...the layout of the store is broken and the product information drops to the bottom of the page and not next to the left column as I want.
Hi Jonathan,

This sounds like a CSS conflict. Please send us the URL of the page with issue (if module is active) or login details (FTP & admin area) so we can activate the module, investigate and fix the problem. Please do that via our contact form on the following URL:

http://www.magictoolbox.com/contact/

Thanks!

Jake
Magic Toolbox

Location - London, UK

Post by JonathanR » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:15 am

Hi Jake,

You may well find my name and email address familiar when you get into this as you helped me install MagicZoom on an osCommerce site coupled with Freeway from Softpress a few years ago now. I remember your support was top notch then, and good to see that hasn't changed.

Details sent via that link. I agree with the CSS issue, although there may also be something to do with me not having any information on the footer apart from the store name and date.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jonathan

Post by Magic Toolbox » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:46 pm

JonathanR wrote:Details sent via that link.
Thanks Jonathan.

We logged into your site and fixed it. There was a CSS conflict with one of your other CSS files.

All working now :)

Location - London, UK

Post by JonathanR » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I just need to post this.

I was burning the midnight oil last night trying to hit a daft deadline, and saw your reply, Jake. So I filled out the form as you suggested (at 23:11) , and I arrive at work this morning to find an email stating the issue has been solved. Incredible.

This is still only on the free demo module, too! Only one company comes close to matching your excellent technical support and that is the aforementined Softpress for their application Freeway.

I can't thank you enough, Jake (and of course Igor).

Jonathan (Jim)

Post by Magic Toolbox » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 pm

That's great to hear, thanks a lot Jonathan!

Location - London, UK

Post by wbunny » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 am

Hi!

My client recently purchased the magic zoom. She likes the zoom effect; however, she wants to also be able to use the fancy box effect when click to enlarge. Is there any way to do that also?

Thanks!

Post by Magic Toolbox » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi wbunny,

You can't use Magic Zoom and the fancy box effect together but you can use Magic Zoom Plus which zooms on hover and enlarges on click:

http://www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoompl ... /opencart/

To switch from Magic Zoom to Magic Zoom Plus, please send us your license details (license key or purchase date) via our contact form and we will identify your order and send you an upgrade URL.

Thanks!

Location - London, UK

Post by pstruh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:23 am

Doesnt work on search page :( Can be this implemented please ?
THank you.

Post by Magic Toolbox » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi pstruh,

Good idea! We will update the Magic Zoom Plus add-on to work on the search page. We'll add a post here once its live.

Thanks,

Jake
Magic Toolbox

Location - London, UK

Post by Magic Toolbox » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 am

pstruh wrote:Doesnt work on search page :( Can be this implemented please ?
Update: you can now use Magic Zoom Plus on the search results page!

Please download the latest version now.

Free demo: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5328

Full version: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2199

Jake
Magic Toolbox

Location - London, UK

Post by aikman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi

Found an error on Magic Zoom. If I do a search without writing any letters i got an error:

Notice: Undefined variable: results in /www/webvol15/am/XXXXXXXX/Domain.com/public_html/catalog/controller/product/search.php on line 469

The line 469 in search.php is like this:

$this->response->setOutput(magiczoomplus($this->render(TRUE),$this,'search', $results), $this->config->get('config_compression'));

How can fix this?

regards
Håkan

Post by Magic Toolbox » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi Håkan,

Thanks for reporting this! We can replicate the error and are fixing it.

We will release the fix in a new version of the OpenCart modules today or tomorrow. We will notify you on this thread once it is live.

Thanks,

Peter
Magic Toolbox

Location - London, UK

Post by Magic Toolbox » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Today we released new versions of Magic Zoom & Magic Zoom Plus, which overcome the issue reported by Håkan 5 days ago.

Please download the latest version here:

Magic Zoom Plus:

Free demo: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5328

Full version: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2199

Magic Zoom:

Free demo: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5327

Full version: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2469

Thanks!

Peter
Magic Toolbox

Location - London, UK

Post by benej60 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:55 am

I am using magiczoomplus v 3.1.13 on Opencart v 1.5.5.1. The patch from the last message does fix the error in search.php, but the error still exists in category.php (and possibly other modules that your vqmod modifies - I only saw the error raised for category.php).

In my site, your vqmod extension replaces both instances of setOutput() in category.php with a single search and the same replacement string. The first location where setOutput() is called is fine since $results will always be defined, but the second location where setOutput() is called will always throw an error using the same replacement string since $results will never be defined for that location in the code. I used your search.php patch of '(isset($results) ? $results : array() )' in all other vqmod locations where $results is referenced just to play it safe, which would probably be an acceptable patch for a future version of your extension.

Also, I notice that you're passing the boolean TRUE to render(), which in my version of Opencart, render() takes no params, so maybe a future version of Opencart passes a boolean to render()? Though to PHP that's just an unreferenced variable parameter in the function, so there's no foul.

Cheers,
Ben

Post by Magic Toolbox » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm

You are using an outdated version of the Magic Zoom Plus module for OpenCart. Please download the latest version and that should resolve the issues.

Otherwise, the quickest way to fix this is to send us a login via our secure form:

https://www.magictoolbox.com/contact/

We will login, identify and fix the issues.

Cheers!

Location - London, UK