Post by AlGeorge » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:07 am

Greetings. Google advised that my site had 'Social Engineering Content' and after checking, I found several errant PHP files and appeared backdoor attack stubs.
Clearly, I need to start again. Instead of an upgrade I need to reinstall OpenCart using same db and images and uploads and addons.
I changed my cpanel password to 16 bit alphanumeric as it was before the attack Im really surprised the hacker could get in to my cpanel and also set up a new email server in mail/servers.
Is there a faq for this re-installation opencart somewhere?
Thanks,
Al.

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:16 pm

AlGeorge wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:07 am
Greetings. Google advised that my site had 'Social Engineering Content' and after checking, I found several errant PHP files and appeared backdoor attack stubs.
Clearly, I need to start again. Instead of an upgrade I need to reinstall OpenCart using same db and images and uploads and addons.
I changed my cpanel password to 16 bit alphanumeric as it was before the attack Im really surprised the hacker could get in to my cpanel and also set up a new email server in mail/servers.
Is there a faq for this re-installation opencart somewhere?
Thanks,
Al.
What was your OpenCart version? Are you doing a clean install or restoring your site?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by johnp » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 am

Once you're back up and running stick and SQL injection blocker on like Ninja Firewall. I use it on all my OC sites. Personally I would delete all your OC system files and upload clean ones connecting to the existing database. Make sure you set new passwords all round. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK