Post by rph » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:52 pm

billynoah wrote:
Ruslan wrote:James, can you explain in two words what "event" is?
Let me take a shot at this per the wiki:

Word #1: Eventsaremethodnotificationshooksthat
Word #2: arecalledwhenanactiontakesplace
Even easier: "I can't."

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:15 pm

Talking about the events:

The system/library/event.php really is a mediator because I think it looks a lot like the mediator pattern, see e.g. http://blog.ircmaxell.com/2012/03/handl ... n-php.html

Calling both the system/engine/event.php and the system/library/event.php an Event is a bit confusing, the latter is the mediator between the subject (e.g. a model) and the handler (an instance of Event from the system/engine/event.php).

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by billynoah » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 pm

That's a great read JNeuhoff, thanks.

Post by daniGo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:53 am

Why in special and discount is not an option for price or percentage. With percentages is much easier to manage. Add the base price and then just add discounts with percentages. With the current option, we need change a lot of prices every time. This is especially a problem if you have your own products and raw materials prices change monthly.

http://www.gombac.si

Location - Slovenia

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:24 am

There are extensions that do that in the extension store - OpenCart can't cater for every single feature request or it'd be more bloated than magento!

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by daniGo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 am

Gift certificates or coupons should be as an extension, but not percentage discounts.

http://www.gombac.si

Location - Slovenia

Post by shadyyx » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi.

Are there any bugs reported by you (I mean all the OC guys)? I'd like to distinguish the user-reported bugs and those you guys have reported. Reason is I opened first bug in JIRA today and found it as complete non-sense (it could be a minor feature request IMO, not a major bug).

I'd like to fix some serious issues if possible. ::)

I also cannot assign issues to myself - is this done on purpose so that only your devs can assign issues on them? That's little bit awkward since I could be the one creating the pull request that fixes the bug but JIRA issue will be assigned to somebody else? :crazy:

Location - Berlin [DE]

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:30 pm

daniGo wrote:Gift certificates or coupons should be as an extension, but not percentage discounts.
While you're entitled to your opinion, it doesn't mean others agree. Anyway, there's no point bringing up feature requests in this thread - they'll fall on deaf ears. It's for bug reporting only

Guru Member

Post by James » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:07 am

Can one of the mods please split off the vqmod discussion to a new public thread under the 2.0 section...for some very strange reason Admins cannot do this!!

I know it is 2.0 alpha related but it has consumed the thread and think it deserves it's own discussion.

J

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by rph » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:29 am

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:40 am

I keep getting the "You are not authorised to read this forum." error for the new link.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:56 am

How about now? Moved it to the 0.X forum, which is where this one seems to be under

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:11 pm

JAY6390 wrote:How about now? Moved it to the 0.X forum, which is where this one seems to be under
It's working now, thanks.

Guru Member

Post by markuswest » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi, I just wonder what is new in opencart 2.0 I haven't seen a good explanation of that on the Web yet, and I do understand v2.0 is in Development so things are changing but a list so far can be great.

Regards

--
South Africa, Johannesburg GMT +2

Location - South Africa, Pretoria

Post by iamafaker » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 am

why not have an online version for us to click on ;D ;D ?

Post by cwswebdesign » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:40 am

iamafaker wrote:why not have an online version for us to click on ;D ;D ?
Probably because it's changing by the hour. You can grab a copy and install it on your server to check it out.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by TomTesla » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:08 pm

fine, i can wait to try this version.

Thanks for the development!

Post by MichellePace » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi James,

May I ask that you please list the major difference between v1.5 and v2.0 - or even just post the release notes?

Thank-you, Michelle

Post by johnhao » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:56 pm

do you have any demo live shop to view OpenCart 2.0

Buy UK Online Free Shipping Rolling Laptop Desk Buy UK Online Over Bed Table

Post by James » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:57 pm

MichellePace wrote:Hi James,

May I ask that you please list the major difference between v1.5 and v2.0 - or even just post the release notes?

Thank-you, Michelle
Information on the new features will be published in a blog and news letter in the coming weeks

J

Location - Leeds, UK