Post by stephen7 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:21 am

Hello
How do i upgrade from 2.0.2.0 to 2.0.3.1 ?

Is it just a matter of coping the new install over the old installation, or do i need to rerun the install script ??
Thank you

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:17 am

Backup your current set of files and database.

Then you can upload the new files and run the install script again.

You will most likely need to check your theme and mods for upgraded versions of them as well.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by yello » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Is there a detailed step-by-step instruction somewhere?

I want to upgrade 2.0.1.0 -> 2.0.3.1

I tried also "OpenCart Migration & Upgrade Tool" - didn't work at all.

Post by Technopia.se » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Im also looking for information about this. We have modified OC, so it would be cool to see exacly which files has been added/modified. Thanks :)

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:50 pm

Technopia.se wrote:Im also looking for information about this. We have modified OC, so it would be cool to see exacly which files has been added/modified. Thanks :)
There isn't any detailed information and every store is so different. The only way to see the real files changes is by going through the Github files. It's not easy unless you're familiar with the system.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by minshuku88 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:04 am

I am successfully upgrade from 2.0.2.0 to 2.0.3.1, I guess 2.0.3.1 is much better.
I can share my experience here:
I have only 7 items in my website but with 3 different languages.

1. Must check and know your database name, and database user name, when the first time you install the OC.
2. From Admin panel, go to Tools>Backup & Restore
"Select All" to click the right top corner for backup, it actually backup your database as SQL file such as xxdatabasename_2015-07-22_10-22-27_backup.sql

3. go to cPanel in File manager and I assume you know how to zip the OC 2.0.3.1 folder, since there are over 2700 files, it will take too long using FTP.
So I just extract the zip file and copy it to the folder you want which replace your existing files. Since I am using "Default" template, which will be much easier.

4. Go to your website and you will see install (reinstall actually) in your website e.g. yourwebsite/installfolder
Proceed the previous installation as before, but using the existing database configuration.

5. Since you reinstall, you will have the products and categories from demo again! but don't panic, remember you have been backup your SQL file.
Go back to Tools>Backup & Restore and restore the SQL.

6. Everything remain here, and the demo products gone, you don't need to delete 1 by 1.

P.S. my regret is that I have the problem in the footer Information tabs has some linking problem, now I am working it out.
http://www.timetravelsupply.com/spahb

Good Luck

O0

Post by yello » Tue May 17, 2016 10:34 pm

Due to lack of any inner 2.* upgrade documentation I had to come back here.

Everything was fine, till stepp 5.

The restore from admin gives me hang at 99-100% and the MySQL seems not to change. When I do a drop and restore in MySQL the system can't be accessed. Going back to the new system it's fine again.