Post by JakeSap » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:15 pm

I have spent a lot of time trying to go through the installation instructions, but I am stuck on step 3/4 of the configuration step. The manual ftp upload of all the files and the pre-configuration steps seemed to be successful, but in the configuration phase (step 3/4) it says "Enter your database and administration details".

I don't recall setting up any database or admin settings or details, so I am not sure what to put in for fields like hostname, username, database, etc.

Verbatim, the instructions are:

You need to fill in the spaces below #1 by adding the database connection details (username/password, database name) established when you created the store's database using MySQL Databases. Under #2, you should create a new username and password for administration access to the OpenCart shop. When finished, you may press "Continue".

I never used "MySQL Databases" and I am not sure how to access those settings. I am an OpenCart newbie, so please bear with me for the ignorant questions.

Thanks,
-Jake

Post by grgr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:42 pm

A good start would be to type:
create mysql database in cpanel
into google and click on the videos link.

assuming you use cpanel hosting.

then use those details to fill in step 3

If you're on reasonable cpanel hosting, I'd have thought you would have an installer such as softaculous that would do it for you....?

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by JakeSap » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:58 am

thanks to your help, I got this solved - thanks!

So I actually did initially install through cpanel/softaculous, but it was an older version of OpenCart and one of the first things I read was to keep it current. Since I wiped my older installation and replaced it with a newer one, I assumed I had to start from ground up, but the db credentials still worked for my more recently installed (and latest version) of OpenCart.

Thank you.

Post by MMinieri » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Like JAKE, I also removed the OC version available from my HOST CPanel including the MySQL DB. Created a new DB but stuck with error in Step 3 of configuration while manually installing OC3. Screenshots here https://www.ceperianas.com/TECH_ISSUES/ ... _Issue.jpg