Post by easistudio » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:50 am

Yesterday I restored a backup (the backup is done using Akeeba Backup Solo) of an Opencart website to a sub-domain as I want to do some development. Once I had made the changes to both config.php files, the restored website almost worked perfectly apart from small issue (see screenshot). What I can't figure out is how to change the store URL in the backend?

As I have stated above, I have changed both config.php files to reflect the new sub-domain URL but this change has not updated the store URL. I then used PHPMyAdmin to check out the database but can't see the old or any URL being stored being stored in the tables.

I was tearing my hair out for hours because I was making changes to various modules on the development website hosted on a sub-domain but when I clicked the store icon, nothing had appeared to change on the front end. Thankfully it finally dawned on me that I was looking at the original website rather than the sub-domain.

Attachments

2017-06-29_191613.jpg

2017-06-29_191613.jpg (57.86 KiB) Viewed 1742 times


New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Post by easistudio » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:57 am

Typically realise the problem just minutes after posting question.

I had missed updating the HTTP_CATALOG in admin config.php file.. I will leave it as it may help someone else.

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Post by upsocart » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 am

Thank you this is also a problem when you add SSL and helped me.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:15 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests