Post by WavMixer » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:48 am

I have OC 2.3.0.2 installed and it has been working great! The current version of PHP is 5.6. Can I upgrade the site to 7.4 without running into any problems? I'm using the default theme and several aftermarket extensions.

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 am

You need to replace the OC Default system/library/encryption.php
file with the one linked below, that's all it usually takes:
https://github.com/IP-CAM/Opencart_2302 ... em/library
And when it comes to the Extensions installed, you will find out, I guess! :laugh:
But usually, they should work, if you don't use something really special.
Cross-check the content of Condor2's updated Github Version 2.3.0.2 with yours,
and you probably find some fixes, which also could be included in your stock 2.3.0.2,
just to make sure, to have what it's Creator CONDOR2 (xxvirusxx) found and changed
on misses. ;)
https://github.com/condor2/Opencart_2302
Good Luck!
Ernie
(Edited)
Last edited by IP_CAM on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:04 pm

That repo was removed from my github account.
I have only this version

https://github.com/condor2/Opencart_2302

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:24 pm

WavMixer wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:48 am
I have OC 2.3.0.2 installed and it has been working great! The current version of PHP is 5.6. Can I upgrade the site to 7.4 without running into any problems? I'm using the default theme and several aftermarket extensions.
Without knowing the extensions you're using, I would suggest trying PHP 7.2

You can change the PHP version and thoroughly test your site without the need to backup before doing so. If it doesn't work, you can bump down to a lower version.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by quepassa » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi guys

I wonder if you could help me, please. We upgraded our site to PHP 7.4.3 and we are running Opencart version 2.3.0.2.

I don't see any errors on the site, but I see you mention that I need to update the encryption.php file. I just need to find out if the file I must use is the one found here https://github.com/IP-CAM/Opencart_2302 ... em/library or the one found here https://github.com/condor2/Opencart_2302 as they look different.

Just as a matter of interest why would I need to update this file if all seems correct? I am not a developer and very much a newbie so some insight would be very nice.

Thank you so much for your help and time.

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:01 am

quepassa wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:33 pm
Hi guys

I wonder if you could help me, please. We upgraded our site to PHP 7.4.3 and we are running Opencart version 2.3.0.2.

I don't see any errors on the site, but I see you mention that I need to update the encryption.php file. I just need to find out if the file I must use is the one found here https://github.com/IP-CAM/Opencart_2302 ... em/library or the one found here https://github.com/condor2/Opencart_2302 as they look different.

Just as a matter of interest why would I need to update this file if all seems correct? I am not a developer and very much a newbie so some insight would be very nice.

Thank you so much for your help and time.
You would need to update the encryption class if any extensions used it and you are seeing the error messages in your log. I know some payment extensions use it (quite wrongly but that is another issue).

If you are seeing errors in your logs then you can use any replacement as none will be able to decrypt data encrypted with the old method. The examples you link to are probably have weaknesses like no authentication.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by quepassa » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:35 pm

Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate the help as I feel I am a little out of my depth here. I have noticed when I did a test purchase I am getting these errors.

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /system/library/cart/tax.php on line 114
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /catalog/model/extension/total/shipping.php on line 24
Unknown: parse_str(): Calling parse_str() without the result argument is deprecated /catalog/controller/extension/payment/paygate.php on line 117
I have added the three files as attachments.

Do you know a solution for this please, I have searched but did not find anything? At this point, I am willing to pay someone to please assist as I need to resolve this as soon as possible. If a customer purchases an item will these errors affect the purchase in any way?

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:59 pm

quepassa wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:35 pm
Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate the help as I feel I am a little out of my depth here. I have noticed when I did a test purchase I am getting these errors.

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /system/library/cart/tax.php on line 114
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /catalog/model/extension/total/shipping.php on line 24
Unknown: parse_str(): Calling parse_str() without the result argument is deprecated /catalog/controller/extension/payment/paygate.php on line 117
I have added the three files as attachments.

Do you know a solution for this please, I have searched but did not find anything? At this point, I am willing to pay someone to please assist as I need to resolve this as soon as possible. If a customer purchases an item will these errors affect the purchase in any way?
The first 2 errors look to be cause by a shipping extension. What shipping extensions are you using?

For the third you would be best to contact the extension developer.

These are only notices so should not cause any problems as long as you error display settings are correct. You will just need to fix them to stop your log filling up.
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=217408&start=20#p847068

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by quepassa » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:08 pm

Hi, first off thank you so much for your help, you have been amazing with all your advice.

We are using a shipping mod, Shipment Insurance At Checkout.

I have also now switched off all errors from appearing on the front end of the site thank you for that.

Thanks again.

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:22 am

quepassa wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:08 pm
Hi, first off thank you so much for your help, you have been amazing with all your advice.

We are using a shipping mod, Shipment Insurance At Checkout.

I have also now switched off all errors from appearing on the front end of the site thank you for that.

Thanks again.
What I guess is happening is that the shipping extension is setting its cost value incorrectly. Try contacting the developer for help.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by quepassa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:56 pm

Okay, I managed to resolve the error. I read on another thread that the error was caused by the way I had set out my weight-based shipping values.

I had it as
1:112,
2:112,
3:189,

The correct way to set it out is as follows with no spaces at the end.
1:112,2:112,3:189,4:189,5:189,6:211,7:233

Thank you guys for all your help on this. :)