Post by Presentd2.2 » Tue May 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Looking for a bit of help, I'm currently on version 2.0 wanting to update to 2.3 so that I can use better themes:
I want one that works well on mobile (responsive)
Currently, use ShopMe which works ok but is not mobile friendly even if it says it is. The theme is no longer available for opencart.
Any recommendations other than journal as I've not heard great things about that despite its reviews on themeforest.
I need one that will not conflict with openbay pro
Also wanting to redo categories (have 301 redirects in place) Should I do this work before the update or after? or doesn't it matter when I do it?

Post by johnp » Tue May 18, 2021 11:49 pm

I'll boringly say what I always say about theming. I base custom designs on the default theme. I never have any problems that way. As for redirects. You can do those anytime. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 pm

Presentd2.2 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:50 pm
Looking for a bit of help, I'm currently on version 2.0 wanting to update to 2.3 so that I can use better themes:
I want one that works well on mobile (responsive)
Currently, use ShopMe which works ok but is not mobile friendly even if it says it is. The theme is no longer available for opencart.
Any recommendations other than journal as I've not heard great things about that despite its reviews on themeforest.
I need one that will not conflict with openbay pro
Also wanting to redo categories (have 301 redirects in place) Should I do this work before the update or after? or doesn't it matter when I do it?
The 3.x branch is current so why not upgrade to the latest or close to it? v3.0.3.7 is probably the most stable of the 3.x versions.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA