Post by TedTshirtGuy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:55 am

I am using OC 2.0.3.1 along with the theme Journal 2, plus a module called "Opencart Custom Product Designer". After I installed the Journal theme, the custom product developer installed his module for me. To do that, he had to add code in two Journal files, one of which is the Journal "product.tpl" file. The addition of the code in this file was to create a clickable button that launches the Designer window where the customer then creates their art/text for the product (t-shirts in our case). Since we want to sell only customized products, we have Journal settings to disable the "Add To Cart" button on the product page. Unfortunately, doing that also turns off the clickable "Customize This Product" button just below it on the page. We want that customize button to remain active on the product page. The actual text in our button is slightly different. I have done some reading to try to understand some of the conventions in PHP, but I am still quite weak in my understanding.

My goal is to allow that customize button on the product page to remain active, even after I turn off the "Add To Cart" button using the Journal settings. If someone can tell me the exact steps to take to do this, I would appreciate it. I am attaching a screen shot of the code I am looking at. The highlighted code is what I believe to be the code for the customize button. The code preceding and following it is Journal theme code. The Designer developer has told me I can place his code anywhere, but I do not really understand where I would place the code to achieve my goal. Unfortunately, there is a language barrier between me and the developer.

Our site is still under development, but you can see it at: http://www.tampabayapparel.com
Here is a direct link to a product page if that is more convenient: http://www.tampabayapparel.com/index.ph ... duct_id=60

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Attachments

CustomizeButton.png

CustomizeButton.png (145.59 KiB) Viewed 6650 times

Post by motion2082 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 am

Find
catalog/view/theme/journal2/template/product/product.tpl
Remove or comment out Line 519

Code: Select all

<button type="button" id="button-cart" data-loading-text="<?php echo $text_loading; ?>" class="button"><span class="button-cart-text"><?php echo $button_cart; ?></span></button>
Use VQMOD if you can or make a note of the source code change so when you update your theme you can reapply to mod

Post by nutrient » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 am

Can you help me with add a button to journal product page? What the name of the second file to put a code?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:56 pm

nutrient wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 am
Can you help me with add a button to journal product page? What the name of the second file to put a code?
Journal is not a standard-compliant Opencart theme, it is a 3rd party commercial extension (and of a poor quality!). Your best bet would be to contact the Journal authors, or to post on the commercial support section of this forum. Or, if you are a developer, modify the 'catalog/view/theme/journal3/template/product/product.twig' and the controller using this template.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Marielal » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:39 pm

1Go to Journal >> Layouts >> then edit where you want to show the OpenCart custom or default theme.
2Then hover over to the row that you want to show the image and click “Add Module” + button.
3This will add a content section, then click on it and a popup with lists of modules shows.
4Go to the bottom of the popup and click “Opencart”
5This gives lists of default Opencart modules
6Choose, edit them as per your requirement, and add them to that layout. www.mybpcreditcard.com