Post by harap » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:51 pm

Hello,

Can some help to advise VQMOD vs VQMOD Pro which one is better? In easy and stability.

Thanks in advance!

Location - United States

Post by Johnathan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:21 pm

vQmod Pro isn't anything I've ever heard of. Where did you see that?

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by harap » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Johnathan wrote:vQmod Pro isn't anything I've ever heard of. Where did you see that?
See here:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=24508

I got this from author IP_CAM

Would appreciate it if you any opinions.

Location - United States

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:55 am

It's from genious MaxD, you must have missed something :D
the only thing, he does not know, or care about, is, how to add well done TAGS onto an OC Extension Page...,
otherways, they all would know. 8)

I even redesigned my entire Admin Section, just to be able to further have, what I needed to give up, since VqMod-Pro is not longer compatible to my beloved OpenShop OC 1.5.6.x Admin Extension. But I wanted badly, to try it out. And it lifted my former 92% JSON Test Results on GTMetrix to 93% (less ressources!), at least, and this means, that it STILL has some positive Effect, besides of all other attempts, to make my OC/OS speedy. In any Case, Enough for me, to keep it. And since it needs no Installation, so, it's easier to handle anyway.
Just, to mention it...
Ernie

VqMod PRO Download:
http://www.ipc.li/os/vqmodpro.zip
---
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 86#p613786
Last edited by IP_CAM on Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Ah, I see.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen anyone using vQmod Pro, in all the installations I've looked at. It's probably fine to use, but personally I'd stick with the standard vQmod, since it's commonly used and has never caused issues for me.

If you're doing testing setting up a new site, there's no reason not to try them both, like Ernie suggests.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by harap » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:12 pm

Thank you Jonathan for your opinion.

The reason why I prefer to try vqmod pro because it sounds much easier to add-on and without editing any codes.
But I'm not sure how stability it is.

Location - United States

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:28 am

14 Apr 2016
Well, after quite many Moon's, the Story is still the same.
Except for a little change, required in all VqMod 'Editions', to make'em work with PHP v.7.x
The latest Download Place can be found in the Posting above.
Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Or use our Integrated VQmod, which is fine for newer PHP versions, too.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:44 am

Or use our Integrated VQmod, which is fine for newer PHP versions, too
That's for sure, :D at least, if one cares about keeping all OcMod/VqMod Cache File
Content in one single Place, and 'handles' it the same, everything else is a good-for-nothing
'roundtrip'-solution, when it comes to OC v.2.+ Versions, with OcMod built-in. Adding (regular)
VqMod, just to also be able to use VqMods, to such a System, is really just a very bad Fix, at best,
adding to unknown before problems ...
---
The great advantage of VQMOD Pro is, that it creates a Cache File of all Files involved,
imediately after is starts to work. And for Users like me, with 120+ VqMods installed,
resulting in 250+ Files, to be reworked and cached, potential clashes and problems
will occur immediately, and show up. It keeps one from suddenly getting surprised ... :crazy: :laugh:

Ernie
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Chase44 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:58 pm

I´m using OC 2.0.1.1 and vqmod opencart-2-0-1-0-vqmod-2-5-1-3

What I have done to fix this: - Permissions are 755 and I tried 777 too.

Permissions of admin/index.php are 755 and tried 777 too.
Permissions ofindex.php are 755 and tried 777 too.
Permissions of vqmod and vqmod/vqcache folder 755 and tried 777 too.
Complete reinstall of vqmod
Deleted vqcache files
Deleted mods.cache
Deleted system/cache
No logs file
It has worked after I installed opencart. But now I installed a NON vqmod extension and it stopped working.

Post by Deniel152 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:37 am

OpenCart is great in that it's pretty lightweight and straight forward to learn.

While the 3.x release has been kind of a disappointment, overall it gets the job done if you're looking for something not too complex to get an online store up and running quickly.

We've been building marketplaces with OpenCart for years now and although I'm not a fan of the direction it's going with 3.x, we've been quite happy overall.

As long as you don't plan to interact with Daniel on OpenCart Forums, you'll be fine :)

skylightpaycard