Post by david3217 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Good morning, everyone!

I have spent the last several hours checking out various Demo modules and searching Google, but maybe I'm not using the right search terms, because nothing seems to be appropriate to my client's setting.

On their Opencart 2x store (with Journal), they offer Products that come in various packaging sizes-- which I've set up as Options --> Sizes.

This month, they are offering Product A, which comes in four sizes (7.50-lb, 15-lb, 25-lb, and 50-lb), with Free Shipping if the customer orders either a 25-lb or 50-lb pail of Product A.

But I haven't found a module that offers this feature, and I'm posting here with hopes of finding some sort of solution.

Thank you, in advance!
Last edited by david3217 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by kestas » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:04 pm

If you can't find any extension, you can post request on commercial support forum. viewforum.php?f=88

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by Johnathan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:17 pm

Ultimate Shipping can do this. It lets you set rates based on pretty much any product data, including options. You could set up a free shipping rate that appears only when the customer chooses one of those two options, by (1) setting up a Product Group in the extension for those two option values, then (2) using a rate like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: 25-lb or 50-lb Free Shipping
Group: A
Charge Type: Flat Charge
Charge Field: 0
Rule: Product Group: Cart has items from "only any" members of "25 or 50 lb Options"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you instead want to combine that rate with other shipping costs, you can set those up in Ultimate Shipping as well, then use a Charge Combination to combine them all together. If you want an example of how to do that, contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact with some info on how you charge your shipping normally, and I can tell you how you'd set that up in the extension.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator