Post by david3217 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi there,
I am developing a mod for our OpenCart 2.3.0.2 stores, and am running into a bit of a problem.
The mod needs to request product details from store A and return them to be displayed on store B, but I assume because it is going cross-domain, it is returning the "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource" error in console.
The mod will be displayed on a subdomain which is setup as a separate store in our multi-store installation, this has to be done for a variety of back-end reasons, unfortunately.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this figured out?
Last edited by david3217 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:32 pm

The Access-Control-Allow-Origin header and how to use it is described here. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS

However, if the second domain is set up as a multi-store, can you not just access the database directly rather than doing a request to a different domain?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:31 am

If Store A and Store B are both located on the same domain, you could use Ajax requests with cross-domains as the ones already integrated in OC with the APIs.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON