Post by evolver » Tue May 08, 2018 11:50 am

I've looked but didn't see any but I'm looking for a module that will turn the top header menu into a drop down like the categories menu when the screen is resized.

Post by thekrotek » Tue May 08, 2018 1:01 pm

You didn't find it, because it is made with pure CSS, not with module.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by evolver » Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 pm

Might be just css/ajax but would be handy to just have a module to turn it on or off, not everyone is a css guru.

Post by thekrotek » Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 am

evolver wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 pm
Might be just css/ajax but would be handy to just have a module to turn it on or off, not everyone is a css guru.
CSS is a VERY simple langugage and EVERY site owner must know at least the basics and be ready to search in Google for more complex stuff. No extension is necessary here at all. But if you still don't want to learn some CSS or at least search for an example and modify it for your task, you're always welcome to ask for commercial support.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Wed May 09, 2018 1:21 am

evolver wrote:
What do you want??

Operating a webshop as owner?
You might have no glue about CSS, HTML and so on: good, there are a lot of professionals to help you.

Operating / setting up a webshop for a client of you?
You should have - at least - minimal knowledge of all (including Server).
You have still no glue: very bad, what are you doing to your poor clients!
You have skills, but not enough: also bad, search for another job!
You have enough skills: good, we should recommend you!

Conclusion: for every kind of knowledge, a professional may help you.
Simply post your request in the Commercial Section of this forum.

And if you do not want to pay money for that help, the search engines may help your further ..

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by evolver » Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 am

OSWorX wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:21 am
evolver wrote:
What do you want??

Operating a webshop as owner?
You might have no glue about CSS, HTML and so on: good, there are a lot of professionals to help you.
I have no desire to do any more custom web dev by myself, if I have to I'll do it and I've built some pretty complex Drupal 5/6/7 sites but at this time I'm just looking for drop in modules for some extra basic functionality.

Post by thekrotek » Wed May 09, 2018 4:36 am

TLDR: No module, use CSS, don't want to do yourself - pay someone.

Expert Member

Post by evolver » Wed May 09, 2018 4:54 am

thekrotek wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:36 am
don't want to do yourself - pay someone.
No shit, really? All I did was to ask if there's a module, you guys went off on some weird "pay someone" if you don't want to do it trip. Sheesh

Post by thekrotek » Wed May 09, 2018 5:00 am

No, we went off on "no module, use CSS" non-weird advice multiple times, but you ignored and eventually turned it into "I'm too cool to do it myself". Only then "pay someone" advice came out. More than a fair advice considering your previous responses.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Wed May 09, 2018 5:20 am

evolver wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:54 am
thekrotek wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:36 am
don't want to do yourself - pay someone.
No shit, really? All I did was to ask if there's a module, you guys went off on some weird "pay someone" if you don't want to do it trip. Sheesh
Even IF you are the expert with Drupal, I am confident that must have some knowldege how to read .. !?
Well, here it is the same: read what we have anwered.
And if you are not satisfied with our answers, post your request for a module in the Commercial Forum: viewforum.php?f=88

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by evolver » Wed May 09, 2018 5:42 am

Well we know who here won't get the job to do the module. Plunk...

Post by IP_CAM » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 am

Well, this seemengly already started badly, because you did neither mention an OC Version,
nor a Theme used, and without such important data, there is no way, to get a useful reply. :'(
---
But other than that, it's really only the stylesheet content, in a default OC type Theme at least,
wich needs to be rewritten, to display the dropdown category section, like in smaller Resolutions,
and such a max-width:767px section would look about like this:

Code: Select all

@media (min-width:768px){#menu .dropdown:hover .dropdown-menu{display:block;}
}
@media (max-width:767px){.main-frame{border-radius:0px;}
#menu{border-radius:0px;}
#menu div.dropdown-inner > ul.list-unstyled{display:block;}
#menu div.dropdown-menu{margin-left:0 !important;padding-bottom:10px;background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);}
#menu .dropdown-inner{display:block;}
#menu .dropdown-inner a{width:100%;color:#fff;}
#menu .dropdown-menu a:hover,
#menu .dropdown-menu ul li a:hover{background:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);}
#menu .see-all{margin-top:0;border:none;border-radius:0;color:#fff;}
}
compared with another section, setting the values up to 1170pc width:

Code: Select all

#menu{max-width:1170px;background-color:#3f4551;min-height:40px;border-radius:2px;-webkit-box-shadow:inset 0px 0px 16px 0px rgba(33,33,33,1);-moz-box-shadow:inset 0px 0px 16px 0px rgba(33,33,33,1);box-shadow:inset 0px 0px 16px 0px rgba(33,33,33,1);}
#menu .nav > li > a{color:#fff;background-color:transparent;font-size:12px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:'Montserrat', sans-serif;}
.divider-vertical{height:50px;margin:0 7px;border-right:1px solid #2c3038;}
@media (max-width:767px){.navbar-collapse .nav > .divider-vertical{display:none;}
}
#menu .nav > li > a:hover, #menu .nav > li.open > a{background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);}
#menu .dropdown-menu{padding-bottom:0;}
#menu .dropdown-inner{display:table;}
#menu .dropdown-inner ul{display:table-cell;}
#menu .dropdown-inner a{min-width:160px;display:block;padding:3px 20px;clear:both;line-height:20px;color:#333333;font-size:14px;}
#menu .dropdown-inner li a:hover{color:#FFFFFF;}
#menu .see-all{display:block;margin-top:0.5em;border-top:1px solid #DDD;padding:3px 20px;-webkit-border-radius:0 0 4px 4px;-moz-border-radius:0 0 4px 4px;border-radius:0 0 3px 3px;font-size:12px;}
#menu .see-all:hover, #menu .see-all:focus{text-decoration:none;color:#ffffff;background-color:#229ac8;background-image:linear-gradient(to bottom, #23a1d1, #1f90bb);background-repeat:repeat-x;}
#menu #category{float:left;padding-left:15px;font-size:16px;font-weight:700;line-height:40px;color:#fff;text-shadow:0 1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);}
#menu .btn-navbar{font-size:15px;font-stretch:expanded;color:#FFF;padding:2px 18px;float:right;background-color:#229ac8;background-image:linear-gradient(to bottom, #23a1d1, #1f90bb);background-repeat:repeat-x;border-color:#1f90bb #1f90bb #145e7a;}
#menu .btn-navbar:hover, #menu .btn-navbar:focus, #menu .btn-navbar:active, #menu .btn-navbar.disabled, #menu .btn-navbar[disabled]{color:#ffffff;background-color:#229ac8;}
So, you are either familiar with modern CSS, or then, you'll have to get a Coder,
to make it work for you, troughout the entire stylesheet.css file. And depending on the
Theme, some other style-related files might be part of this all.

But it never has been asked for around here, to my knowledge, still, you could ask Google,
they usually know much more about such custom things...
Good Luck!
Ernie
---

I am no longer active at the Forum. Please do NOT send me Personal Mails,
they will no longer be replied to.
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
3'030+ FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Thu May 10, 2018 10:11 am

Well, I just recalled to also have a topheader mobile category dropdown function on one
of my Test Sites for some time already. 8) The responsive Bootstrap 1. 5.6.x Theme is made
by Merkent Theme, and this Fellow would probably be able to create something similar
for your Version OC + Theme as well, it it's that, what you're looking for.
Ernie
can be seen here in action:
http://www.bigmax.ch/
---

I am no longer active at the Forum. Please do NOT send me Personal Mails,
they will no longer be replied to.
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
3'030+ FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland