Post by rotaryracer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi guys - I've tried searching both the forum and the extension marketplace and am coming up blank...hopefully someone has blazed this trail before and there's a pre-existing module. :)

I'm running OpenCart v2.1.0.1 and do allow pre-orders to be placed for out of stock items (stock status will show as "Pre-Order", "Special Order", or "Call for Availability"). I'd like to be able to offer coupon codes that can be applied only to in-stock items and exclude anything that shows zero quantities in OpenCart. To (potentially) complicate matters, I use Welford Media's OpenStock to be able to do variant level pricing - i.e. black 45L has one SKU, silver 40L has another SKU, each have their stock tracked separately.

Is there anything out there that would work out of the box to limit coupon codes through rules to only in-stock items?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:26 pm

Super Coupons can base coupons on stock, but it only tracks product stock, not stock for options. It also definitely wouldn't work with any stock mods you have installed, so if you're using one of those it probably wouldn't work for you.

Given that you're looking to have something working with another mod you already have installed, you're probably going to need to hire someone to do this as a custom project for you. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator