Post by Mohal » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:37 pm

OpenCart version is 2.3.0.2

I have successfully created my first module. My module uses Events System to perform an action. So, I trigger an action when product is added & edited.

I used following line of code to add action to the event in my module's model file:

Code: Select all

$this->model_extension_event->addEvent('mu_doaction', 'admin/model/catalog/product/addProduct/after', 'extension/module/mu_doaction/addActionProductAdd', 1);
Is there any way to pass product data to my action method? I need name of the product that is added or edited, in my action method.

Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:47 pm

What you didn't provide was your entire event controller file codes. You could use the $args being passed as a reference in the parameter to use the data. Wiki: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki/Events-System

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Mohal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:33 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:47 pm
What you didn't provide was your entire event controller file codes. You could use the $args being passed as a reference in the parameter to use the data. Wiki: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wiki/Events-System
Thanks for the help. I solved the issue with $args.

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:55 pm

Great. Now, you know how easy it is to use and handle events on your store. :)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON