Post by guidone » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Hello, i opened this topic to share suggestions and experiences about this good and widely used module.
Support is often very slow or absent for months, so here we could share ideas and suggestions.
Here is my first question, why in Access Control sometimes i see as Allowed some IP not related to important search bot?
See: https://prnt.sc/vu7w3a

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:27 am

Contact site support by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the site regarding the lack of support you may have experience with a specific experience.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ndim_pro » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:43 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:27 am
Contact site support by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the site regarding the lack of support you may have experience with a specific experience.
That's what I did multiple times but nobody ever answered in the last 3 motnhs.

Location - Thessaloniki, Greece

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:19 pm

Nobody can really help you here without more details. For example, from where exactly did you get this extensions? Amnd what is your OpenCart version? Any other extensions? Website URL?

In principle, the OpenCart pages are dynamically generated pages, there isn't much static content other than perhaps images, hence in many cases using caching software won't make much of a difference with regards to performance.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:06 pm

ndim_pro wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:43 pm
straightlight wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:27 am
That's what I did multiple times but nobody ever answered in the last 3 motnhs.
If you paid for the Lightning cache extension and no response was provided within 6 months, you could file a dispute to PayPal regarding a refund and select the non-responsive option in the dropdown menu.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by guidone » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi,
Lightning Cache is great and useful extension, i opened this topic to share experiences with other users, that's all.
Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:50 pm

guidone wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:37 pm
Hi,
Lightning Cache is great and useful extension, i opened this topic to share experiences with other users, that's all.
Thanks!
While the extension itself might be believed to be good, the experience being shared is also about the lack of response from the extension developer in the mean time.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:09 pm

... the experience being shared is also about the lack of response from the extension developer ...
Well, it's not about having a problem with that fine Extension, as it looks, it's more about sharing experiences.
But that's sure not part of an Extension Deal, OC Code Dev's are not required, to run their own Forum Sections,
just to make some Buyers feel, to be part of a Scene. :laugh: :crazy:

MaxD has been one of the most famous (free) OC Extension Contributors, I still use large parts of his legendary
OpenShop Extensions today. And he does NOT offer his Lightning extension in a 'paid' form at the OC
Extension Section, so, what's the Problem ? ???
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by guidone » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:25 pm

Hello Ernie,

Lightning Cache is a paid extension, trial expire in 7 days but that's not the problem.
This is a very vital module for most of us, so i thought to share suggestions with other users as it happens with other modules on this forum, nothing else.

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:41 am

Well, I was not sure about this, when I used this Extension, it still came for free. :D
On the other hand, if it's a paid Extension now, it's not quite an OC Forum Theme anymore,
like other commercial Mods, regardless of, who's the Creator of it, just to have this
mentioned too. And MaxD seems to be back, as it looks, if one has a specific Problem to
solve.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =Lightning

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by vssoft » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:41 pm

Excellent Support.

This is the best cache module for the opencart so far.
Last edited by vssoft on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MaxD » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:47 am

Oh, I have just discovered this thread!

Indeed, there was problems with support for some period and I am terribly sorry for that.
Last few monthes all clients are supported all-around and new improved Lightning versions are published regularly.

If someone still have questions or issues, please post it here or submit a support ticket - https://lightning.devs.mx/support
Also I will ask people who posted here about the lack of support to post if they got supported in the end.

About the guidone question:
When some visitor pretends to be a Google, Bing, Yandex or Facebook bot, Lightning checks its host address.
If that is fake bot, Lightning adds such a notice to Access Control list.
This way you know that someone scrapes you site saying that he is a search engine.
Lightning do not block access for him, but gives you an ability to do this in one click.