Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:05 pm

I downloaded an extension from the marketplace to try out. Unknown to me it emailed the maker of the script that I installed it. I looked through the files and sure enough there it is, so I guess it is really on me for being so dumb and trusting but I think it sucks.

What do you all think? Something that is acceptable or not?
Thank you,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Cue4cheap wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:05 pm
I downloaded an extension from the marketplace to try out. Unknown to me it emailed the maker of the script that I installed it. I looked through the files and sure enough there it is, so I guess it is really on me for being so dumb and trusting but I think it sucks.

What do you all think? Something that is acceptable or not?
Thank you,
Mike
Correct!
Such sucks.
And is NOT acceptable.

Not more to say, except: report that Extension to the OpenCart Extension Team to remove it.

One more: unfortunately I am discovering from time to time Extensions doing so called "Home Calls", either at the installation process, or just to "check for the latest version" or sometimes just to send some details to someones Gmailaccount.

All of them are not acceptable without any prior permission if the Storeowner (e.g. the purpose to check for a newer version).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria