Post by GazzaBJ » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi,

Not sure this is in the right forum, but I'll soon find out. ???

I am a developer and have been looking at a way to link products together so that if a customer makes a purchase of a particular product then another product that is not visible to the customer also has its quantity deducted by a built-in factor.

As an example, if we sell an item that comes with 2 bolts, then the quantity for the 2 bolts is also deducted (from the Bolts product which isn't visible to the user)

The issue I have is not the initial purchase as that change is working, but when an Admin makes a manual change to the quantity for that order. I cannot find a way to make a similar change to the linked product.

Any help in pointing me to where this might be would be appreciated.

Version 2.3.0.2

Thanks
Gazza

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:00 pm

GazzaBJ wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:29 pm
Hi,

Not sure this is in the right forum, but I'll soon find out. ???

I am a developer and have been looking at a way to link products together so that if a customer makes a purchase of a particular product then another product that is not visible to the customer also has its quantity deducted by a built-in factor.

As an example, if we sell an item that comes with 2 bolts, then the quantity for the 2 bolts is also deducted (from the Bolts product which isn't visible to the user)

The issue I have is not the initial purchase as that change is working, but when an Admin makes a manual change to the quantity for that order. I cannot find a way to make a similar change to the linked product.

Any help in pointing me to where this might be would be appreciated.

Version 2.3.0.2

Thanks
Gazza
By using an event, this could be achieved.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON