Post by gfrancoeur » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi there I am trying to figure out how to hide the tax of the shipping when selecting shipping.

I am using open cart 2.1.0.2

I want to show the price without the tax but still have the shijpping tax calculated in the total, anyone got any idea? I will try and get an extension as well to have more then one flat rate shipping based on geozone, anyone have any suggestion?

thank you

see attached image

Guillaume

Attachments

opencartshipping.PNG

opencartshipping.PNG (43.73 KiB) Viewed 5167 times

Post by Johnathan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:59 am

This is standard OpenCart behavior: if you have your prices set to display tax, shipping costs will do this as well. You can change this in System > Settings, but it will affect all prices (including product prices). If you want to make the shipping cost the only one that does NOT show tax, you'll need to edit its code. For the Flat Rate method, that would be something like this:

Code: Select all

IN:
/catalog/model/shipping/flat.php

REPLACE:
'text'         => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($this->config->get('flat_cost'), $this->config->get('flat_tax_class_id'), $this->config->get('config_tax')))

WITH:
'text'         => $this->currency->format($this->config->get('flat_cost')) 
This will still apply tax to the shipping cost, but will change its display so that it always shows without tax.

Other shipping methods should have a similar line in their files (in the same directory) towards the bottom of their code.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by gfrancoeur » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Thank you Johnathan, this is what I am looking for, I will go and try this soon and report to see if it worked

Cheers
Guillaume

Post by gfrancoeur » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Worked like a charm!! thank you =)

Post by MrBasic » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:31 pm

Can you help me with this for Opencart 3.0.3.7 ?
Johnathan wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:59 am
This is standard OpenCart behavior: if you have your prices set to display tax, shipping costs will do this as well. You can change this in System > Settings, but it will affect all prices (including product prices). If you want to make the shipping cost the only one that does NOT show tax, you'll need to edit its code. For the Flat Rate method, that would be something like this:

IN:

REPLACE:
'text'         => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($this->config->get('flat_cost'), $this->config->get('flat_tax_class_id'), $this->config->get('config_tax')))

WITH:
This will still apply tax to the shipping cost, but will change its display so that it always shows without tax.

Other shipping methods should have a similar line in their files (in the same directory) towards the bottom of their code.

Location - Amersfoort

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:37 pm

MrBasic wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:31 pm
Johnathan wrote:

IN:

REPLACE:

WITH:

It's the same instructions except the path is slightly different. It's under catalog/model/extension/shipping/flat.php file.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MrBasic » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:06 pm

I tried this, but it doesn't work. The website will then no longer load.
straightlight wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:37 pm
MrBasic wrote:
Johnathan wrote:

IN:

REPLACE:

WITH:

It's the same instructions except the path is slightly different. It's under catalog/model/extension/shipping/flat.php file.

Location - Amersfoort

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:12 pm

MrBasic wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:06 pm
straightlight wrote:
MrBasic wrote:

Then, either you're using an extension that targets the same line of code or you're applying the change wrong.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Luckett552 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:00 pm

MrBasic wrote:
straightlight wrote:
MrBasic wrote:
Can you help me with this for Opencart 3.0.3.7 tellthebell?

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm in the same situation.
Last edited by Luckett552 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:07 pm

Luckett552 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:00 pm
MrBasic wrote:
straightlight wrote:

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm in the same situation.
Lack.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON